Jan 25, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
So many things to look forward to on All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles Feb. 17-20.
What team will Carmelo Anthony be playing for? Will Kobe be the guy who goes all out to win MVP in front of the home fans? How long will the lines be at Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles? Which will be the cooler ceremony: unveiling Jerry West’s statue out in front of Staples Center or Kobe Bryant getting his hands in cement at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood?
And now — how cool will Ron Artest’s new mix tape be?
He’s dropping it All Star weekend, as Mark “King of Hip Hop” Medina reports at the Los Angeles Times.
“There’s going to be a bunch of celebrities on it,” Artest said. “I can’t say the names yet, but there’s going to be a bunch of people on there that you wouldn’t believe that would rap or sing. A lot of athletes, a lot of rappers and a couple comedians.”
“He’s definitely not on it,” Artest said of Gasol.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 5
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (43)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)