Jan 25, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
So many things to look forward to on All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles Feb. 17-20.
What team will Carmelo Anthony be playing for? Will Kobe be the guy who goes all out to win MVP in front of the home fans? How long will the lines be at Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles? Which will be the cooler ceremony: unveiling Jerry West’s statue out in front of Staples Center or Kobe Bryant getting his hands in cement at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood?
And now — how cool will Ron Artest’s new mix tape be?
He’s dropping it All Star weekend, as Mark “King of Hip Hop” Medina reports at the Los Angeles Times.
“There’s going to be a bunch of celebrities on it,” Artest said. “I can’t say the names yet, but there’s going to be a bunch of people on there that you wouldn’t believe that would rap or sing. A lot of athletes, a lot of rappers and a couple comedians.”
“He’s definitely not on it,” Artest said of Gasol.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 40
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3