Jan 25, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
So many things to look forward to on All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles Feb. 17-20.
What team will Carmelo Anthony be playing for? Will Kobe be the guy who goes all out to win MVP in front of the home fans? How long will the lines be at Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles? Which will be the cooler ceremony: unveiling Jerry West’s statue out in front of Staples Center or Kobe Bryant getting his hands in cement at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood?
And now — how cool will Ron Artest’s new mix tape be?
He’s dropping it All Star weekend, as Mark “King of Hip Hop” Medina reports at the Los Angeles Times.
“There’s going to be a bunch of celebrities on it,” Artest said. “I can’t say the names yet, but there’s going to be a bunch of people on there that you wouldn’t believe that would rap or sing. A lot of athletes, a lot of rappers and a couple comedians.”
“He’s definitely not on it,” Artest said of Gasol.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85