Jan 25, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:48 pm: The results of LaMarcus Aldridge‘s MRI are in and it was negative, too. This is just a hip bruise. I can say “just,” those things hurt. But in the world of Trail Blazers injuries, that isn’t one. Not really. Good news that Aldridge will keep going and will not miss time.
1:43 pm: I don’t know who is sticking pins in the Trail Blazers voodoo doll, but it’s not funny. Not even Lakers fans wish this kind of destruction on the Blazers.
The latest news is that potential All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge has been hurting. General Manager Rich Cho told reporters after the Blazers loss Monday night that Aldridge was having X-rays on his sore right hip.
So far the news is good — the X-rays came back negative, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. Next up is an MRI, he adds.
We’re going to dwell on the positive though and note that the X-ray results bode well for the long term. So does Aldridge saying after the game Monday this was “nothing.” He should have a frame of reference as he has previously had surgery on his left hip.
Blazers fans are a little sensitive around the issues of injuries after Brandon Roy and Greg Oden and Marcus Camby and… we don’t really have the space to list all the team’s injuries here. There is only so much room on the Internet.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 1
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15