Jan 25, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
“He thought he was on a road trip to Dallas. But he was on a freeway to Hell…”
Sure, the new “The Black Mamba”
advertisement movie is not going to be cheesy. It has Bruce Willis in it, how could it not be cheesy?
We told you before that Kobe and director Robert Rodriguez had hooked up to do a short film that might in some way happen to try and sell some Nike shoes. And that Kobe was getting the full Hollywood star treatment because of it.
Now we have the official trailer for you to watch and it looks like a typical Hollywood blockbuster — cool look, lots of effects, we’ll worry about the script thing later. The entire movie is expected to drop around All-Star Weekend.
And is there a difference between a road trip to Dallas and one to Hell?
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 6
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 8
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 17
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)