Jan 25, 2011, 11:10 PM EDT
Apparently there is no statute of limitations on people who feel wronged by Allan Houston.
Art Rondeau — a personal coach who worked with Houston in 1999 and 2000 — Monday sued Houston and the Knicks, according to the Associated Press. The lawsuit claims Rondeau worked with Houston to reverse shooting slumps, however the guard never kept up his promises to praise Rondeau’s work publicly. Instead, the suit says Houston disparaged Rondeau to Knicks officials and reporters.
So 11 years after the fact he is suing Houston — now a Knicks executive — for $2.5 million. As you can imagine, the Knicks are saying the suit has no merit.
Houston’s shooting percentage did jump from the 98-99 season to the 99-2000 season however you choose to break down the numbers. Houston’s traditional field goal percentage jumped from 41.8 to 48.3, from three he improved from 40.7 percent to 43.6, and his eFG% (which combines the two) jumped from 45.9 to 52.5, his true shooting percentage jumped from 51.5 to 56.9.
However, there are a lot of factors that tie into how a players performs. How much of the jump was due to health or coaching or other factors is hard to prove. Especially a decade later.
But who doesn’t love a good Knicks lawsuit?
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 0
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 11
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 29
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 11
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 19
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut