Jan 25, 2011, 12:47 AM EDT
It looked scary — Tim Duncan down on the court in pain, grabbing his knee.
Fortunately, it turned out to be nothing serious.
In the second quarter Duncan was setting a pick on Golden State’s Acie Law, started to move to roll to the basket and his knee seemed to buckle under him. He was on the floor then went straight to the locker room. The Spurs officially called it a “hyperflexed left knee.”
Which couldn’t have been too bad because Duncan came out and started the third quarter. He went on to play what seemed like slightly reduced but not dramatically minutes in the second half. In the 10 games prior to this one Duncan averaged 30.9 minutes per game.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23