Jan 25, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
Eric Gordon, the less flashy but equally important to Blake Griffin part of the Clippers rise in the past month, will be out for abut three weeks due to a wrist injury including a chipped bone, according to Art Garcia at NBA.com.
He could be out only a couple weeks, but somewhere around the All-Star break seems the likely timing.
Randy Foye will get the starts in his place, and expect to see more of veteran Rasual Butler as well. Solid role players both, but also both a step down from Gordon, who has been averaging 25.1 points per game and was shooting 43.8 percent from three in the last 10. Gordon was a member of Team USA last summer and won a gold medal at the FIBA World Championships.
Gordon sprained his wrist in the second quarter of the Clippers game against Golden State Saturday. He returned in the fourth quarter of that game but nobody was exactly sure how serious the injury really was.
While it certainly could be worse, this is a blow to a Clippers team on a roll and heading into the tougher part of their schedule (with a lot of road games while Gordon is down).
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29