Jan 25, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
Eric Gordon, the less flashy but equally important to Blake Griffin part of the Clippers rise in the past month, will be out for abut three weeks due to a wrist injury including a chipped bone, according to Art Garcia at NBA.com.
He could be out only a couple weeks, but somewhere around the All-Star break seems the likely timing.
Randy Foye will get the starts in his place, and expect to see more of veteran Rasual Butler as well. Solid role players both, but also both a step down from Gordon, who has been averaging 25.1 points per game and was shooting 43.8 percent from three in the last 10. Gordon was a member of Team USA last summer and won a gold medal at the FIBA World Championships.
Gordon sprained his wrist in the second quarter of the Clippers game against Golden State Saturday. He returned in the fourth quarter of that game but nobody was exactly sure how serious the injury really was.
While it certainly could be worse, this is a blow to a Clippers team on a roll and heading into the tougher part of their schedule (with a lot of road games while Gordon is down).
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61