Jan 25, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
Eric Gordon, the less flashy but equally important to Blake Griffin part of the Clippers rise in the past month, will be out for abut three weeks due to a wrist injury including a chipped bone, according to Art Garcia at NBA.com.
He could be out only a couple weeks, but somewhere around the All-Star break seems the likely timing.
Randy Foye will get the starts in his place, and expect to see more of veteran Rasual Butler as well. Solid role players both, but also both a step down from Gordon, who has been averaging 25.1 points per game and was shooting 43.8 percent from three in the last 10. Gordon was a member of Team USA last summer and won a gold medal at the FIBA World Championships.
Gordon sprained his wrist in the second quarter of the Clippers game against Golden State Saturday. He returned in the fourth quarter of that game but nobody was exactly sure how serious the injury really was.
While it certainly could be worse, this is a blow to a Clippers team on a roll and heading into the tougher part of their schedule (with a lot of road games while Gordon is down).
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37