Jan 24, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
That was an official change of pace for the Warriors, even though Lacob made it clear you were going to have to blow the Warriors doors off with your offer. Before Curry was the untouchable one, now anyone could be moved in the right deal.
That meant a weekend of Bay Area sports talk shows and bloggers trying to come up with trade scenarios for him.
None of this sits all that well with Curry, he told the Oakland Tribune.
“It’s a bit of a shock, because you feel like you’re doing everything else you were supposed to be doing,” Curry said Sunday. “Especially since I’ve never been in a situation where me changing teams or being traded would be an option, it’s kind of like a weird thing to think about. But they’ve been straightforward about what they see in us and it’s all been positive for me, so I don’t have any problem brushing that off.”
Curry has put up 66 points in the team’s last couple games, since the comments came out.
What Lacob is trying to signal to the world is that the Warriors will look at everything, that they don’t have a player who is untouchable. That is a shift, but it also is a far cry from saying it is likely Curry or Monta Ellis were to get moved. Lacob rightly said it’s about what you’re getting in return.
Translation — if you want Curry you’re going to have to offer us something we can’t say no to. That means you’re going to have to do better than Timofey Mozgov, Knicks fans.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50