Jan 24, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Last summer Boston went out and got two centers — the O’Neals, Shaquille and Jermaine — to get them through the first half of the season until Kendrick Perkins returns. And Perk is only a couple weeks away, he continues to say he is targeting Feb. 4 for a return.
But there are games between now and then, and Shaq is going to miss some of them because of his sore hip.
Shaq is expected to miss the Celtics home game against Cleveland Tuesday and also the road game against Portland Thursday (in the battle of centerless teams), according to a tweet from Chris Forsberg of ESPN Boston.
But two games is the optimistic scenario — he could miss games after that including against the Suns and then the Sunday showdown with the Lakers. You know Shaq wants to be back for that one.
On a different note, Marquis Daniels may miss Tuesday night’s game as he is dealing with a family issue.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18