Jan 24, 2011, 10:36 AM EDT
When a hitter is in a slump in July — let’s say, hypothetically the entire Dodgers roster — there seems to be a game or two where he starts hitting the ball hard but still can’t buy a hit. You can feel the slump’s about to end, it just won’t.
Mike D’Antoni sounds that way talking with Newsday about the Knicks current six-game losing streak. They hit one right on the screws Saturday against Oklahoma City, then Kevin Durant went all superstar on them.
“I feel a little bit like we did with Denver, when we kind of came off our little malaise,” Mike D’Antoni said early yesterday afternoon (a Knicks loss earlier this season when they went on to win 13 of 14 after it)… “I feel like we’re doing OK. I feel like we’re getting back on track,” D’Antoni said after conducting a workout that dealt mostly with late-game execution and what it will take to beat the Wizards Monday night at the Garden. “Nothing physical. More mental stuff.”
If you want to snap losing streak, playing at home against the winless-on-the-road Wizards is some of mama’s home cookin’.
Which is good, because the two games after that one are the Heat then on the road in Atlanta, two tough ones. So maybe the Knicks are not going on another 13-of-14 run. Especially if Raymond Felton continues his slump. But maybe he’s due to hit a few on the screws and see if they fall in.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay