Jan 24, 2011, 10:36 AM EDT
When a hitter is in a slump in July — let’s say, hypothetically the entire Dodgers roster — there seems to be a game or two where he starts hitting the ball hard but still can’t buy a hit. You can feel the slump’s about to end, it just won’t.
Mike D’Antoni sounds that way talking with Newsday about the Knicks current six-game losing streak. They hit one right on the screws Saturday against Oklahoma City, then Kevin Durant went all superstar on them.
“I feel a little bit like we did with Denver, when we kind of came off our little malaise,” Mike D’Antoni said early yesterday afternoon (a Knicks loss earlier this season when they went on to win 13 of 14 after it)… “I feel like we’re doing OK. I feel like we’re getting back on track,” D’Antoni said after conducting a workout that dealt mostly with late-game execution and what it will take to beat the Wizards Monday night at the Garden. “Nothing physical. More mental stuff.”
If you want to snap losing streak, playing at home against the winless-on-the-road Wizards is some of mama’s home cookin’.
Which is good, because the two games after that one are the Heat then on the road in Atlanta, two tough ones. So maybe the Knicks are not going on another 13-of-14 run. Especially if Raymond Felton continues his slump. But maybe he’s due to hit a few on the screws and see if they fall in.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18