Jan 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The Heat are now on a four game losing streak, and the easy answer is injury, which has kept at least one of the Triad out since their first loss of this streak against the… ahem… Clippers. And against Toronto in Miami this evening, it would appear they’re going to be short at least one more, and possibly two.
Our own Ira Winderman reports that Chris Bosh will miss tonight’s game as he continues to heal a tweaked ankle, and more importantly, Dwyane Wade is questionable as he is “under the weather” with an illness.
Without those two, the Heat’s chances of victory significantly drop, although it’s not like James isn’t used to having to throw a team of misfits on his back. He’s got a pretty good record of victory in that scenario, too, as long as it’s not Boston he’s facing. And Toronto is not Boston.
Oddly, today also marks the anniversary of Kobe Bryant dropping 81 on the Raptors. But without two of his elite teammates, the odds of James pulling off something spectacular, even against woeful Toronto are slim.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20