Jan 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The Heat are now on a four game losing streak, and the easy answer is injury, which has kept at least one of the Triad out since their first loss of this streak against the… ahem… Clippers. And against Toronto in Miami this evening, it would appear they’re going to be short at least one more, and possibly two.
Our own Ira Winderman reports that Chris Bosh will miss tonight’s game as he continues to heal a tweaked ankle, and more importantly, Dwyane Wade is questionable as he is “under the weather” with an illness.
Without those two, the Heat’s chances of victory significantly drop, although it’s not like James isn’t used to having to throw a team of misfits on his back. He’s got a pretty good record of victory in that scenario, too, as long as it’s not Boston he’s facing. And Toronto is not Boston.
Oddly, today also marks the anniversary of Kobe Bryant dropping 81 on the Raptors. But without two of his elite teammates, the odds of James pulling off something spectacular, even against woeful Toronto are slim.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18