Jan 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The Heat are now on a four game losing streak, and the easy answer is injury, which has kept at least one of the Triad out since their first loss of this streak against the… ahem… Clippers. And against Toronto in Miami this evening, it would appear they’re going to be short at least one more, and possibly two.
Our own Ira Winderman reports that Chris Bosh will miss tonight’s game as he continues to heal a tweaked ankle, and more importantly, Dwyane Wade is questionable as he is “under the weather” with an illness.
Without those two, the Heat’s chances of victory significantly drop, although it’s not like James isn’t used to having to throw a team of misfits on his back. He’s got a pretty good record of victory in that scenario, too, as long as it’s not Boston he’s facing. And Toronto is not Boston.
Oddly, today also marks the anniversary of Kobe Bryant dropping 81 on the Raptors. But without two of his elite teammates, the odds of James pulling off something spectacular, even against woeful Toronto are slim.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11