Jan 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The Heat are now on a four game losing streak, and the easy answer is injury, which has kept at least one of the Triad out since their first loss of this streak against the… ahem… Clippers. And against Toronto in Miami this evening, it would appear they’re going to be short at least one more, and possibly two.
Our own Ira Winderman reports that Chris Bosh will miss tonight’s game as he continues to heal a tweaked ankle, and more importantly, Dwyane Wade is questionable as he is “under the weather” with an illness.
Without those two, the Heat’s chances of victory significantly drop, although it’s not like James isn’t used to having to throw a team of misfits on his back. He’s got a pretty good record of victory in that scenario, too, as long as it’s not Boston he’s facing. And Toronto is not Boston.
Oddly, today also marks the anniversary of Kobe Bryant dropping 81 on the Raptors. But without two of his elite teammates, the odds of James pulling off something spectacular, even against woeful Toronto are slim.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35