Jan 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The Heat are now on a four game losing streak, and the easy answer is injury, which has kept at least one of the Triad out since their first loss of this streak against the… ahem… Clippers. And against Toronto in Miami this evening, it would appear they’re going to be short at least one more, and possibly two.
Our own Ira Winderman reports that Chris Bosh will miss tonight’s game as he continues to heal a tweaked ankle, and more importantly, Dwyane Wade is questionable as he is “under the weather” with an illness.
Without those two, the Heat’s chances of victory significantly drop, although it’s not like James isn’t used to having to throw a team of misfits on his back. He’s got a pretty good record of victory in that scenario, too, as long as it’s not Boston he’s facing. And Toronto is not Boston.
Oddly, today also marks the anniversary of Kobe Bryant dropping 81 on the Raptors. But without two of his elite teammates, the odds of James pulling off something spectacular, even against woeful Toronto are slim.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11