Jan 21, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
In a blow to a Bobcats team fighting to get one of the final playoff spots in the East, Tyrus Thomas will miss the next eight weeks after surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee, the team announced.
Thomas was a last second scratch from the Bobcats lineup before the team’s win over the Sixers Thursday. An MRI revealed the knee for surgery.
Thomas has been coming off the bench but doing well in that role, providing a defensive boost, plus 10 points and 7 boards a game in the team’s last 10. He’s been averaging 25 minutes a night and Paul Silas can look down the Bobcats bench all he wants he doesn’t have a player who can fill those minutes nearly as well.
How many meniscus injuries are we up to this season? Clearly they don’t make those like they used to.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3