Jan 21, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
What, you thought Larry Brown would go gently into that good night? Ha!
The Associated Press caught up Brown, the former Bobcats (and Knicks and Pistons and Sixers and Pacers and Clippers and…) coach as he hung out with old friend Jay Wright and that coach’s Villanova Wildcats to “get his basketball fix.” Which makes sense. Whatever you want to say about Larry Brown the coach, the guy clearly loves the game. He has an NCAA title (thank you Danny Manning) and an NBA title to his credit.
In fact, he loves the sport too much to give it up. Go ahead and ask him if he wants to coach again.
“I would like to,” coach again, Brown said. “I don’t want to end the way this one ended. Right now, the most important thing is I’m getting time with my family.”
A chill just went up D.J. Augustin’s spine.
It’s not likely to happen, at least any time soon. But at some point would it shock you if an owner with North Carolina ties decided that a guy like Brown would be perfect to help guide his young point guard along? No. It wouldn’t be the wisest decision ever, but we can see it happening.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 35
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70