Jan 21, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is used to getting booed in Denver, so when they rain down on him Friday night it should be no big deal.
Thursday, when asked about fans in Denver booing Carmelo Anthony after he dropped 35 on Oklahoma City in a Nugget win, he said the fans in Denver were “stupid.” His point: If you want to try to keep the guy in town, maybe booing him is not the brightest idea ever.
Before the Lakers took on the Nuggets Friday, Kobe was given the chance to retract that statement. As the Associated Press reports, he didn’t exactly go that direction.
“I said they were idiots for booing,” Bryant recounted.
Reminded that a day earlier he had characterized those frustrated fans as “stupid” for booing their own superstar, Bryant replied, “Stupid and idiots are synonymous.”
Idiots might be harsher.
“I don’t know,” Bryant said. “They’re close. They’re cousins.”
Between Bryant and Anthony, fans in Denver are going to get a lot of boos in tonight. That or they’re saying boo-urns. (I was saying boo-urns.)
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31