Jan 21, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is used to getting booed in Denver, so when they rain down on him Friday night it should be no big deal.
Thursday, when asked about fans in Denver booing Carmelo Anthony after he dropped 35 on Oklahoma City in a Nugget win, he said the fans in Denver were “stupid.” His point: If you want to try to keep the guy in town, maybe booing him is not the brightest idea ever.
Before the Lakers took on the Nuggets Friday, Kobe was given the chance to retract that statement. As the Associated Press reports, he didn’t exactly go that direction.
“I said they were idiots for booing,” Bryant recounted.
Reminded that a day earlier he had characterized those frustrated fans as “stupid” for booing their own superstar, Bryant replied, “Stupid and idiots are synonymous.”
Idiots might be harsher.
“I don’t know,” Bryant said. “They’re close. They’re cousins.”
Between Bryant and Anthony, fans in Denver are going to get a lot of boos in tonight. That or they’re saying boo-urns. (I was saying boo-urns.)
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15