Jan 21, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has been nothing if not outspoken in the months since LeBron James publicly left the Cavaliers for the Miami Heat last summer. Immediately after “The Decision,” Gilbert wrote a scathing letter that promised LeBron’s decision had cursed the Miami Heat and that the Cavaliers would win a championship before LeBron would. Throughout the season, Gilbert has used twitter to encourage fans to remain patient and keep them aware of his own high expectations for the team.
With the Cavaliers mired in an epic losing streak, Gilbert is staying on message, and tweeted the following today:
Cavs Fans, each setback grows our resolve. The pain IS our motivation. I have learned patience. Don’t like it but accept it. Keep reading..
NOTHING include time will deter our mission to deliver to you the goods. U who
The vast majority of you who remain loyal, understanding and believe in us & Cleveland, there are not strong enough words to thank you.
Then where’s the moves, Dan? You don’t panic when things get tough. You think.You examine.You calculate.THEN you strike.And we will strike.
After a promising start to the season, the Cavaliers have won one game since November. They are 0-21 in games decided by 10 points or more, and their average point margin of -11.3 is nearly two full points lower than the 09-10 Nets’ was.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8