Jan 21, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has been nothing if not outspoken in the months since LeBron James publicly left the Cavaliers for the Miami Heat last summer. Immediately after “The Decision,” Gilbert wrote a scathing letter that promised LeBron’s decision had cursed the Miami Heat and that the Cavaliers would win a championship before LeBron would. Throughout the season, Gilbert has used twitter to encourage fans to remain patient and keep them aware of his own high expectations for the team.
With the Cavaliers mired in an epic losing streak, Gilbert is staying on message, and tweeted the following today:
Cavs Fans, each setback grows our resolve. The pain IS our motivation. I have learned patience. Don’t like it but accept it. Keep reading..
NOTHING include time will deter our mission to deliver to you the goods. U who
The vast majority of you who remain loyal, understanding and believe in us & Cleveland, there are not strong enough words to thank you.
Then where’s the moves, Dan? You don’t panic when things get tough. You think.You examine.You calculate.THEN you strike.And we will strike.
After a promising start to the season, the Cavaliers have won one game since November. They are 0-21 in games decided by 10 points or more, and their average point margin of -11.3 is nearly two full points lower than the 09-10 Nets’ was.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10