Jan 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony did not take part in the Nuggets morning shootaround before taking on the Lakers Friday in Denver, with coach George Karl citing personal reasons.
When pressed if Anthony would miss the game against the Lakers — players often miss practices or games right before they are traded — Karl told the Associated Press “I don’t think there’s any doubt (he will play).”
This may well be nothing. Remember Chauncey Billups (also part of recent trade rumors) missed a shoot around because of a headache.
But anything like this around the Nuggets right now raises eyebrows, if not big red flags.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4