Jan 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony did not take part in the Nuggets morning shootaround before taking on the Lakers Friday in Denver, with coach George Karl citing personal reasons.
When pressed if Anthony would miss the game against the Lakers — players often miss practices or games right before they are traded — Karl told the Associated Press “I don’t think there’s any doubt (he will play).”
This may well be nothing. Remember Chauncey Billups (also part of recent trade rumors) missed a shoot around because of a headache.
But anything like this around the Nuggets right now raises eyebrows, if not big red flags.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 2
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 4
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31