Jan 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony did not take part in the Nuggets morning shootaround before taking on the Lakers Friday in Denver, with coach George Karl citing personal reasons.
When pressed if Anthony would miss the game against the Lakers — players often miss practices or games right before they are traded — Karl told the Associated Press “I don’t think there’s any doubt (he will play).”
This may well be nothing. Remember Chauncey Billups (also part of recent trade rumors) missed a shoot around because of a headache.
But anything like this around the Nuggets right now raises eyebrows, if not big red flags.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13