Jan 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony did not take part in the Nuggets morning shootaround before taking on the Lakers Friday in Denver, with coach George Karl citing personal reasons.
When pressed if Anthony would miss the game against the Lakers — players often miss practices or games right before they are traded — Karl told the Associated Press “I don’t think there’s any doubt (he will play).”
This may well be nothing. Remember Chauncey Billups (also part of recent trade rumors) missed a shoot around because of a headache.
But anything like this around the Nuggets right now raises eyebrows, if not big red flags.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10