Jan 21, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony did not take part in the Nuggets morning shootaround before taking on the Lakers Friday in Denver, with coach George Karl citing personal reasons.
When pressed if Anthony would miss the game against the Lakers — players often miss practices or games right before they are traded — Karl told the Associated Press “I don’t think there’s any doubt (he will play).”
This may well be nothing. Remember Chauncey Billups (also part of recent trade rumors) missed a shoot around because of a headache.
But anything like this around the Nuggets right now raises eyebrows, if not big red flags.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6