Jan 21, 2011, 3:10 AM EST
What you missed while figuring out how to bring a Woolly Mammoth to life…
Bulls 82, Mavericks 77: I feel like I keep writing the sentence “The Bulls won an ugly game.”
The Bulls are winning with defense and with Carlos Boozer out for a third straight the offense has been unimpressive. Derrick Rose and little else. The Mavs have been struggling in pretty much every facet of the game and were on the second night of a back-to-back after an emotional win. Maybe ugly is too strong a word for this game but it certainly wasn’t pretty.
Nobody was efficient in this game, certainly not Rose who needed 28 shots to get his 26 points. But he was the best player on the court, particularly in the fourth quarter.
The real key for the Bulls —17 offensive rebounds. In a slow-paced game (85 possessions each) where neither team shot well the Bulls got a second chance on 34.7 perent of their missed shots. That was enough to secure a win.
Dirk Nowitzki not only shot poorly — 6-of-16 — but he was limping at points on the court and may have rushed back from his knee sprain. He’s had some good stretches but he hasn’t looked right since his return.
Trail Blazers 108, Clippers 93: For everybody jumping on the “the Clippers can make the playoffs” bandwagon — that is the team you have to catch.
LaMarcus Aldridge completely outplayed Blake Griffin. He looked like the All-Star candidate. Griffin had 20 points but shot just 6-of-17 (he also had 18 boards) while Aldridge had 29 points on 13-of-20 shooting. Griffin is strong but Aldridge was able to hold his ground and his length was too much for Griffin.
Bobcats 100, Sixers 97: Tell me if you’ve heard this one before: The Sixers lost game where they had a lead late. This time the Sixers battled back from eight back to take a lead with only a few minutes left, then gave up an 8-2 run and that was it. D.J. Augustin continues to thrive under Paul Silas and put up 31. Larry Brown really did need to go.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8