Jan 20, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
After a day of doctors and an MRI, there was the old good news/bad news thing for Jermaine O’Neal.
The good news: no surgery needed.
The bad news: Another month on the shelf.
O’Neal will be out another month before he can return to the Celtics lineup, Celtics GM Danny Ainge told the media Wednesday. O’Neal has already missed 19 games this season because of that knee.
It’s the cautious approach, but that’s been the Celtics way with injury. They will need O’Neal and the depth he gives them up front in May more than January, so they will be patient.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10