Jan 20, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
After a day of doctors and an MRI, there was the old good news/bad news thing for Jermaine O’Neal.
The good news: no surgery needed.
The bad news: Another month on the shelf.
O’Neal will be out another month before he can return to the Celtics lineup, Celtics GM Danny Ainge told the media Wednesday. O’Neal has already missed 19 games this season because of that knee.
It’s the cautious approach, but that’s been the Celtics way with injury. They will need O’Neal and the depth he gives them up front in May more than January, so they will be patient.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29