Jan 20, 2011, 10:05 AM EST
After a day of doctors and an MRI, there was the old good news/bad news thing for Jermaine O’Neal.
The good news: no surgery needed.
The bad news: Another month on the shelf.
O’Neal will be out another month before he can return to the Celtics lineup, Celtics GM Danny Ainge told the media Wednesday. O’Neal has already missed 19 games this season because of that knee.
It’s the cautious approach, but that’s been the Celtics way with injury. They will need O’Neal and the depth he gives them up front in May more than January, so they will be patient.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 3
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 10
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10