Jan 20, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
After a day of doctors and an MRI, there was the old good news/bad news thing for Jermaine O’Neal.
The good news: no surgery needed.
The bad news: Another month on the shelf.
O’Neal will be out another month before he can return to the Celtics lineup, Celtics GM Danny Ainge told the media Wednesday. O’Neal has already missed 19 games this season because of that knee.
It’s the cautious approach, but that’s been the Celtics way with injury. They will need O’Neal and the depth he gives them up front in May more than January, so they will be patient.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 27
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 50
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 69
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 35
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8