Jan 20, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
After a day of doctors and an MRI, there was the old good news/bad news thing for Jermaine O’Neal.
The good news: no surgery needed.
The bad news: Another month on the shelf.
O’Neal will be out another month before he can return to the Celtics lineup, Celtics GM Danny Ainge told the media Wednesday. O’Neal has already missed 19 games this season because of that knee.
It’s the cautious approach, but that’s been the Celtics way with injury. They will need O’Neal and the depth he gives them up front in May more than January, so they will be patient.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28