Jan 20, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony dropped 35 points on the Oklahoma City Thunder, taking over the fourth quarter, in what was one of the — if not the — best wins of the season for the Nuggets Wednesday. And still fans booed him during the post game, on court interview.
“That’s stupid,” star guard Kobe Bryant said in speaking with FanHouse and the Denver Post after the Lakers practiced Thursday at the Pepsi Center in preparation for Friday’s game against Denver. “That’s not very smart…”
“Put yourself in his shoes,” Bryant said. “If you’re teeter-tottering about going somewhere, he’d be more inclined to go to another place where they’re going to cheer you rather than boo you.”
It’s impossible to rule out Anthony signing an extension and staying in Denver, because in this fluid situation it’s impossible to rule anything out. The Nuggets could be stuck without a trade partner and Anthony could decide that the money potentially lost in a new Collective Bargaining Agreement outweighs his desire to go to New York.
But the waters in Denver seem poisoned. Whenever Anthony has been asked if re-signing with Denver was a possibility, he said yes — until last night. Last night he dodged the question (from Tomasson). Twice.
Who knows if the boos impacted that or not. Can’t believe it helps, though.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10