Jan 20, 2011, 12:43 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer sat out the Bulls game against the Bobcats and the end result was a sputtering Chicago offense and a loss.
Thursday night’s opponent, the Dallas Mavericks, is far better than Charlotte (did you see them whip the Lakers last night?), but the Bulls will remain without Boozer it appears.
“He hasn’t been able to do anything basketball-wise,” coach Tom Thibodeau said. “The swelling is down. He’s moving without a limp. Once (trainer Fred Tedeschi) clears him, he’ll be back out there. We just want to be smart about that and make sure he’s completely healthy.”
No Boozer, no Joakim Noah makes it tough sledding for the Bulls to have any real presence in the paint on either end of the floor.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29