Jan 20, 2011, 12:43 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer sat out the Bulls game against the Bobcats and the end result was a sputtering Chicago offense and a loss.
Thursday night’s opponent, the Dallas Mavericks, is far better than Charlotte (did you see them whip the Lakers last night?), but the Bulls will remain without Boozer it appears.
“He hasn’t been able to do anything basketball-wise,” coach Tom Thibodeau said. “The swelling is down. He’s moving without a limp. Once (trainer Fred Tedeschi) clears him, he’ll be back out there. We just want to be smart about that and make sure he’s completely healthy.”
No Boozer, no Joakim Noah makes it tough sledding for the Bulls to have any real presence in the paint on either end of the floor.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6