Jan 20, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
This was about the best possible outcome when the words “Blazers” and “knee surgery” are in the same sentence.
Marcus Camby’s knee surgery was deemed a success by the doctors and he is expected to miss about three weeks, the Blazers have announced.
“We’re pleased with the outcome of today’s surgery, and look forward to seeing Marcus back on the court soon,” Blazers’ GM Rich Cho said in a released statement. “In the meantime, we have confidence in our frontcourt players to step into the void left by Marcus and help us continue to win games.”
That’s the hard part, the winning games thing (although they did it Wednesday night against a stubborn Kings team).
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 8
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8