Jan 20, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
This was about the best possible outcome when the words “Blazers” and “knee surgery” are in the same sentence.
Marcus Camby’s knee surgery was deemed a success by the doctors and he is expected to miss about three weeks, the Blazers have announced.
“We’re pleased with the outcome of today’s surgery, and look forward to seeing Marcus back on the court soon,” Blazers’ GM Rich Cho said in a released statement. “In the meantime, we have confidence in our frontcourt players to step into the void left by Marcus and help us continue to win games.”
That’s the hard part, the winning games thing (although they did it Wednesday night against a stubborn Kings team).
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28