Jan 20, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
This was about the best possible outcome when the words “Blazers” and “knee surgery” are in the same sentence.
Marcus Camby’s knee surgery was deemed a success by the doctors and he is expected to miss about three weeks, the Blazers have announced.
“We’re pleased with the outcome of today’s surgery, and look forward to seeing Marcus back on the court soon,” Blazers’ GM Rich Cho said in a released statement. “In the meantime, we have confidence in our frontcourt players to step into the void left by Marcus and help us continue to win games.”
That’s the hard part, the winning games thing (although they did it Wednesday night against a stubborn Kings team).
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16