Jan 20, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
This was about the best possible outcome when the words “Blazers” and “knee surgery” are in the same sentence.
Marcus Camby’s knee surgery was deemed a success by the doctors and he is expected to miss about three weeks, the Blazers have announced.
“We’re pleased with the outcome of today’s surgery, and look forward to seeing Marcus back on the court soon,” Blazers’ GM Rich Cho said in a released statement. “In the meantime, we have confidence in our frontcourt players to step into the void left by Marcus and help us continue to win games.”
That’s the hard part, the winning games thing (although they did it Wednesday night against a stubborn Kings team).
- Report: Pau Gasol nearing three-year, $22 million deal with Bulls 0
- Julius Randle signs rookie contract, makes Summer League debut for Lakers 6
- Report: Houston Rockets will not match Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons’ offer, he’s Dallas bound 60
- Dante Exum impresses in flashes during Summer League debut with Jazz 17
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami 67
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 86
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 54
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 70