Jan 20, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
This was about the best possible outcome when the words “Blazers” and “knee surgery” are in the same sentence.
Marcus Camby’s knee surgery was deemed a success by the doctors and he is expected to miss about three weeks, the Blazers have announced.
“We’re pleased with the outcome of today’s surgery, and look forward to seeing Marcus back on the court soon,” Blazers’ GM Rich Cho said in a released statement. “In the meantime, we have confidence in our frontcourt players to step into the void left by Marcus and help us continue to win games.”
That’s the hard part, the winning games thing (although they did it Wednesday night against a stubborn Kings team).
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20