Jan 19, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Somehow “when it rains, it pours” doesn’t quite do justice to the season the 2010-11 Cavaliers are having. The Cavaliers were the worst team in basketball when they were healthy and starting Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Antawn Jamison, and Anderson Varejao. Now Varejao is out for the year, Gibson is set to return tonight after missing the last five games with an injury, and Anthony Parker has missed the last six games. Now it’s being reported that Mo Williams will miss approximately 2-3 weeks with a hip injury.
Willams has been as responsible as any other Cavalier for the team’s awful, awful defense, and has proven to be completely ineffective as a scorer in isolation and pick-and-roll situations, but he was still on of the best players on the historically terrible Cavaliers. Now it’s anybody’s guess what will happen to the team, although a healthy Gibson does represent an upgrade over Williams in a number of ways. The fun for the Cavaliers starts at 7:00 EST tonight, when the Cavs’ horrifyingly inept defense takes on the Suns’ high-powered offense with Ramon Sessions guarding Steve Nash.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4