Jan 19, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Somehow “when it rains, it pours” doesn’t quite do justice to the season the 2010-11 Cavaliers are having. The Cavaliers were the worst team in basketball when they were healthy and starting Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Antawn Jamison, and Anderson Varejao. Now Varejao is out for the year, Gibson is set to return tonight after missing the last five games with an injury, and Anthony Parker has missed the last six games. Now it’s being reported that Mo Williams will miss approximately 2-3 weeks with a hip injury.
Willams has been as responsible as any other Cavalier for the team’s awful, awful defense, and has proven to be completely ineffective as a scorer in isolation and pick-and-roll situations, but he was still on of the best players on the historically terrible Cavaliers. Now it’s anybody’s guess what will happen to the team, although a healthy Gibson does represent an upgrade over Williams in a number of ways. The fun for the Cavaliers starts at 7:00 EST tonight, when the Cavs’ horrifyingly inept defense takes on the Suns’ high-powered offense with Ramon Sessions guarding Steve Nash.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2