Jan 19, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Somehow “when it rains, it pours” doesn’t quite do justice to the season the 2010-11 Cavaliers are having. The Cavaliers were the worst team in basketball when they were healthy and starting Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Antawn Jamison, and Anderson Varejao. Now Varejao is out for the year, Gibson is set to return tonight after missing the last five games with an injury, and Anthony Parker has missed the last six games. Now it’s being reported that Mo Williams will miss approximately 2-3 weeks with a hip injury.
Willams has been as responsible as any other Cavalier for the team’s awful, awful defense, and has proven to be completely ineffective as a scorer in isolation and pick-and-roll situations, but he was still on of the best players on the historically terrible Cavaliers. Now it’s anybody’s guess what will happen to the team, although a healthy Gibson does represent an upgrade over Williams in a number of ways. The fun for the Cavaliers starts at 7:00 EST tonight, when the Cavs’ horrifyingly inept defense takes on the Suns’ high-powered offense with Ramon Sessions guarding Steve Nash.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29