Jan 19, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Somehow “when it rains, it pours” doesn’t quite do justice to the season the 2010-11 Cavaliers are having. The Cavaliers were the worst team in basketball when they were healthy and starting Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Antawn Jamison, and Anderson Varejao. Now Varejao is out for the year, Gibson is set to return tonight after missing the last five games with an injury, and Anthony Parker has missed the last six games. Now it’s being reported that Mo Williams will miss approximately 2-3 weeks with a hip injury.
Willams has been as responsible as any other Cavalier for the team’s awful, awful defense, and has proven to be completely ineffective as a scorer in isolation and pick-and-roll situations, but he was still on of the best players on the historically terrible Cavaliers. Now it’s anybody’s guess what will happen to the team, although a healthy Gibson does represent an upgrade over Williams in a number of ways. The fun for the Cavaliers starts at 7:00 EST tonight, when the Cavs’ horrifyingly inept defense takes on the Suns’ high-powered offense with Ramon Sessions guarding Steve Nash.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17