Jan 19, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Somehow “when it rains, it pours” doesn’t quite do justice to the season the 2010-11 Cavaliers are having. The Cavaliers were the worst team in basketball when they were healthy and starting Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Antawn Jamison, and Anderson Varejao. Now Varejao is out for the year, Gibson is set to return tonight after missing the last five games with an injury, and Anthony Parker has missed the last six games. Now it’s being reported that Mo Williams will miss approximately 2-3 weeks with a hip injury.
Willams has been as responsible as any other Cavalier for the team’s awful, awful defense, and has proven to be completely ineffective as a scorer in isolation and pick-and-roll situations, but he was still on of the best players on the historically terrible Cavaliers. Now it’s anybody’s guess what will happen to the team, although a healthy Gibson does represent an upgrade over Williams in a number of ways. The fun for the Cavaliers starts at 7:00 EST tonight, when the Cavs’ horrifyingly inept defense takes on the Suns’ high-powered offense with Ramon Sessions guarding Steve Nash.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 0
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 2
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37