Jan 19, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks can be so much fun in transition, you wonder why they play at the 23rd fastest pace in the league?
In transition you get you get to see Atlanta create chances with their athleticism. Two parts of this dunk are impressive. Of course, there is Josh Smith of the Hawks running the floor, using his body to shield the ball then going in for the huge roundhouse dunk. But check out the pass from Mike Bibby as well. That is a thing of beauty, the kind of thing we expected from Bibby a decade ago.
Finally, credit to Miami’s Joel Anthony for going for the block rather than just getting out of the way.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3