Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Anthony Morrow’s hamstring will have kept him out of the lineup for 17 games as of Wednesday night. If you don’t think that has impacted the Nets, you haven’t watched Stephen Graham play the two guard.
But Morrow is expected to return this weekend to the team, maybe by Friday night, according to the twitter of Ben Couch, the official Nets.com writer.
Morrow is athletic and can stretch the floor — he was shooting 41.1 percent from three in the first 25 games. He was giving he Nets 12.8 points per game and while the rest of his game had not been as efficient as hoped (or as it had been in Golden State) he was playing much better than his replacements.
Of course, this is assuming he is still a Net on Friday. That is likely, but Morrow has been one of the players expected to be shipped out to Denver if the Carmelo Anthony trade ever comes to fruition.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50