Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Anthony Morrow’s hamstring will have kept him out of the lineup for 17 games as of Wednesday night. If you don’t think that has impacted the Nets, you haven’t watched Stephen Graham play the two guard.
But Morrow is expected to return this weekend to the team, maybe by Friday night, according to the twitter of Ben Couch, the official Nets.com writer.
Morrow is athletic and can stretch the floor — he was shooting 41.1 percent from three in the first 25 games. He was giving he Nets 12.8 points per game and while the rest of his game had not been as efficient as hoped (or as it had been in Golden State) he was playing much better than his replacements.
Of course, this is assuming he is still a Net on Friday. That is likely, but Morrow has been one of the players expected to be shipped out to Denver if the Carmelo Anthony trade ever comes to fruition.
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 10
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 5
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 16
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (89)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay