Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Anthony Morrow’s hamstring will have kept him out of the lineup for 17 games as of Wednesday night. If you don’t think that has impacted the Nets, you haven’t watched Stephen Graham play the two guard.
But Morrow is expected to return this weekend to the team, maybe by Friday night, according to the twitter of Ben Couch, the official Nets.com writer.
Morrow is athletic and can stretch the floor — he was shooting 41.1 percent from three in the first 25 games. He was giving he Nets 12.8 points per game and while the rest of his game had not been as efficient as hoped (or as it had been in Golden State) he was playing much better than his replacements.
Of course, this is assuming he is still a Net on Friday. That is likely, but Morrow has been one of the players expected to be shipped out to Denver if the Carmelo Anthony trade ever comes to fruition.
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 0
- DeMarcus Cousins wins. 7
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 9
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 21
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 24
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10