Jan 18, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
It was a fitting end to the Celtics and Magic — if Kevin Garnett had not been back in this game, the Celtics would not have won. Less for any specific play he made than the different, more intense energy the Celtics have when he is on the court.
This was the best game of the day and KG sealed it with a smart little steal. Good anticipation (and long arms) by Garnett, bad choice by Jameer Nelson.
Tough ending for the Magic but hard to think of a more appropriate one.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2