Jan 18, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
It was a fitting end to the Celtics and Magic — if Kevin Garnett had not been back in this game, the Celtics would not have won. Less for any specific play he made than the different, more intense energy the Celtics have when he is on the court.
This was the best game of the day and KG sealed it with a smart little steal. Good anticipation (and long arms) by Garnett, bad choice by Jameer Nelson.
Tough ending for the Magic but hard to think of a more appropriate one.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9