Jan 18, 2011, 8:43 AM EST
It was a fitting end to the Celtics and Magic — if Kevin Garnett had not been back in this game, the Celtics would not have won. Less for any specific play he made than the different, more intense energy the Celtics have when he is on the court.
This was the best game of the day and KG sealed it with a smart little steal. Good anticipation (and long arms) by Garnett, bad choice by Jameer Nelson.
Tough ending for the Magic but hard to think of a more appropriate one.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)