Jan 18, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
It was a fitting end to the Celtics and Magic — if Kevin Garnett had not been back in this game, the Celtics would not have won. Less for any specific play he made than the different, more intense energy the Celtics have when he is on the court.
This was the best game of the day and KG sealed it with a smart little steal. Good anticipation (and long arms) by Garnett, bad choice by Jameer Nelson.
Tough ending for the Magic but hard to think of a more appropriate one.
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 0
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 4
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 14
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63