Jan 18, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Things you thought you’d never see have come to pass — good injury-related news for the Trail Blazers. What’s next? Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!
Marcus Camby had an MRI on his sore left knee and it came back negative, according to the official Blazers twitter account. He’s officially considered a game time decision for the Kings game on Wednesday (the Blazers have a back-to-back with the Clippers the next night).
But I wouldn’t expect to see him. As Jason Quick reports at the Oregonian Camby was really limping around the Blazers facility Tuesday, and that led to some doubts.
As a result, the Blazers’ training staff was not willing to endorse Camby’s knee as injury free, even after the initial reading of Camby’s magnetic resonance imaging was deemed “negative” by the company who performed the procedure.
Both Camby and athletic trainer Jay Jensen said they are awaiting Blazers’ orthopedist Dr. Don Roberts to look at the scans before they will feel assured that no damage occurred Monday night when Camby landed awkwardly on the knee in the first quarter of the Blazers’ 113-102 victory against Minnesota.
The Blazers need him as the team fights for one of the final playoff spots in the West. Camby is one of the best shot blocking big men in the league, has a steady midrange game and a key part of what the Blazers are doing.
He’s also a very valuable trade asset, if they decide to break things up.
It seemed too good to be true, the Blazers finally getting a good medical report. So it figures it had to come with a “but.”
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32