Jan 18, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
Maybe, finally, the Bulls will get healthy. Joakim Noah gets the pins out his thumb next week (things that sound painful include…) and he says on Bulls.com he hopes to be back sooner rather than later.
The original planned return date was late February (right after the All-Star Game) but things may happen earlier.
“I’m just trying to control what I can control right now,” said Noah of a possible return date. “I’m all about getting this pin out of my finger and getting my hand back to 100 percent. Hopefully it’s before that because I would love to play in that game.”
The Bulls are good — 28-13 and the three seed in the East as of today — but we still don’t know how good. Carlos Boozer missed the start of the season with his injury then not long after his return Noah went out with his hand injury. Derrick Rose is having the kind of season that gets him mentioned in MVP conversations, but we still don’t know just how good the entire Bulls package would be. Can they compete with Boston/Miami/Orlando?
We should find out the second half of the season. If nobody else busts up a hand.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 52
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 24
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65