Jan 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Rip Hamilton sat again Monday, a fourth consecutive DNP-CD on the scorecard (Did Not Play, Coach’s Decision).
Some Pistons fans want none of it and started chanting “We want Rip” during the team’s victory over Dallas Monday, according to the Detroit News. Admittedly it wasn’t a huge roar, but at least some fans realize that this team is better when he plays (although they didn’t need him against the slumping Mavericks).
Almost certainly the benching is so he doesn’t get injured because he is part of the proposed three-team Carmelo Anthony trade and the Pistons really want that to happen. Of course, with coach John Kuester’s erratic lineups we can never be totally sure, but even he would not bench Rip this long. It is about the trade.
It seems Hamilton has played his last game as a Piston, even if the Anthony deal falls through Hamilton will be moved somewhere. But for now he sits, and those chants may grow louder.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 13
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20