Jan 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Rip Hamilton sat again Monday, a fourth consecutive DNP-CD on the scorecard (Did Not Play, Coach’s Decision).
Some Pistons fans want none of it and started chanting “We want Rip” during the team’s victory over Dallas Monday, according to the Detroit News. Admittedly it wasn’t a huge roar, but at least some fans realize that this team is better when he plays (although they didn’t need him against the slumping Mavericks).
Almost certainly the benching is so he doesn’t get injured because he is part of the proposed three-team Carmelo Anthony trade and the Pistons really want that to happen. Of course, with coach John Kuester’s erratic lineups we can never be totally sure, but even he would not bench Rip this long. It is about the trade.
It seems Hamilton has played his last game as a Piston, even if the Anthony deal falls through Hamilton will be moved somewhere. But for now he sits, and those chants may grow louder.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5