Jan 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
Chris Bosh is out for the Miami Heat Tuesday night against the Hawks, the result of a sprained ankle suffered against the Bulls.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are officially game time decisions, neither took part in shootaround, but according to a tweet from our own Ira Winderman (of the Sun Sentinel) both are expected to play. James has missed the last two Heat games due to a sprained ankle.
At shootaround coach Erik Spoelstra would not say who would replace Bosh in the starting lineup, but the smart money is on Joel Anthony. He regularly is an undersized center at 6’9” but he can play the four. They will also need his defense against the Hawks dangerous front line of Al Horford and Josh Smith. At some point during the game, look for the Heat to go small and slide LeBron down to the four spot.
Bosh will be missed in one key aspect on offense — the Hawks are a bad pick-and-roll defending team, the Heat would be much better with Bosh setting picks for Wade and James. Even without him, expect a steady diet of pick-and-roll.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45