Jan 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is out for the Miami Heat Tuesday night against the Hawks, the result of a sprained ankle suffered against the Bulls.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are officially game time decisions, neither took part in shootaround, but according to a tweet from our own Ira Winderman (of the Sun Sentinel) both are expected to play. James has missed the last two Heat games due to a sprained ankle.
At shootaround coach Erik Spoelstra would not say who would replace Bosh in the starting lineup, but the smart money is on Joel Anthony. He regularly is an undersized center at 6’9” but he can play the four. They will also need his defense against the Hawks dangerous front line of Al Horford and Josh Smith. At some point during the game, look for the Heat to go small and slide LeBron down to the four spot.
Bosh will be missed in one key aspect on offense — the Hawks are a bad pick-and-roll defending team, the Heat would be much better with Bosh setting picks for Wade and James. Even without him, expect a steady diet of pick-and-roll.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50