Jan 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is out for the Miami Heat Tuesday night against the Hawks, the result of a sprained ankle suffered against the Bulls.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are officially game time decisions, neither took part in shootaround, but according to a tweet from our own Ira Winderman (of the Sun Sentinel) both are expected to play. James has missed the last two Heat games due to a sprained ankle.
At shootaround coach Erik Spoelstra would not say who would replace Bosh in the starting lineup, but the smart money is on Joel Anthony. He regularly is an undersized center at 6’9” but he can play the four. They will also need his defense against the Hawks dangerous front line of Al Horford and Josh Smith. At some point during the game, look for the Heat to go small and slide LeBron down to the four spot.
Bosh will be missed in one key aspect on offense — the Hawks are a bad pick-and-roll defending team, the Heat would be much better with Bosh setting picks for Wade and James. Even without him, expect a steady diet of pick-and-roll.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 0
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 3
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 22
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54