Jan 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is out for the Miami Heat Tuesday night against the Hawks, the result of a sprained ankle suffered against the Bulls.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are officially game time decisions, neither took part in shootaround, but according to a tweet from our own Ira Winderman (of the Sun Sentinel) both are expected to play. James has missed the last two Heat games due to a sprained ankle.
At shootaround coach Erik Spoelstra would not say who would replace Bosh in the starting lineup, but the smart money is on Joel Anthony. He regularly is an undersized center at 6’9” but he can play the four. They will also need his defense against the Hawks dangerous front line of Al Horford and Josh Smith. At some point during the game, look for the Heat to go small and slide LeBron down to the four spot.
Bosh will be missed in one key aspect on offense — the Hawks are a bad pick-and-roll defending team, the Heat would be much better with Bosh setting picks for Wade and James. Even without him, expect a steady diet of pick-and-roll.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 20
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 24
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 5