Jan 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is out for the Miami Heat Tuesday night against the Hawks, the result of a sprained ankle suffered against the Bulls.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are officially game time decisions, neither took part in shootaround, but according to a tweet from our own Ira Winderman (of the Sun Sentinel) both are expected to play. James has missed the last two Heat games due to a sprained ankle.
At shootaround coach Erik Spoelstra would not say who would replace Bosh in the starting lineup, but the smart money is on Joel Anthony. He regularly is an undersized center at 6’9” but he can play the four. They will also need his defense against the Hawks dangerous front line of Al Horford and Josh Smith. At some point during the game, look for the Heat to go small and slide LeBron down to the four spot.
Bosh will be missed in one key aspect on offense — the Hawks are a bad pick-and-roll defending team, the Heat would be much better with Bosh setting picks for Wade and James. Even without him, expect a steady diet of pick-and-roll.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24