Jan 17, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
With two and a half minutes left in the Bobcats loss Saturday to the Hornets, Tyrus Thomas went up for a rebound, came down with the ball and his elbows out, then, in trying to create space, swung his left elbow directly into the face of Emeka Okafor.
He got the flagrant two foul for it and was ejected, and Monday the league came down with the expected suspension to follow it up. Thomas will sit out when the Bobcats face the Sixers on Monday.
Okafor was fine and he and Thomas gave each other the “it’s cool” tap right afterward, but the league isn’t going to let an elbow to the face go unpunished.
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12