Jan 17, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
With two and a half minutes left in the Bobcats loss Saturday to the Hornets, Tyrus Thomas went up for a rebound, came down with the ball and his elbows out, then, in trying to create space, swung his left elbow directly into the face of Emeka Okafor.
He got the flagrant two foul for it and was ejected, and Monday the league came down with the expected suspension to follow it up. Thomas will sit out when the Bobcats face the Sixers on Monday.
Okafor was fine and he and Thomas gave each other the “it’s cool” tap right afterward, but the league isn’t going to let an elbow to the face go unpunished.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13