Jan 17, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
With two and a half minutes left in the Bobcats loss Saturday to the Hornets, Tyrus Thomas went up for a rebound, came down with the ball and his elbows out, then, in trying to create space, swung his left elbow directly into the face of Emeka Okafor.
He got the flagrant two foul for it and was ejected, and Monday the league came down with the expected suspension to follow it up. Thomas will sit out when the Bobcats face the Sixers on Monday.
Okafor was fine and he and Thomas gave each other the “it’s cool” tap right afterward, but the league isn’t going to let an elbow to the face go unpunished.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61