Jan 17, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
With two and a half minutes left in the Bobcats loss Saturday to the Hornets, Tyrus Thomas went up for a rebound, came down with the ball and his elbows out, then, in trying to create space, swung his left elbow directly into the face of Emeka Okafor.
He got the flagrant two foul for it and was ejected, and Monday the league came down with the expected suspension to follow it up. Thomas will sit out when the Bobcats face the Sixers on Monday.
Okafor was fine and he and Thomas gave each other the “it’s cool” tap right afterward, but the league isn’t going to let an elbow to the face go unpunished.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 2
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 9
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 83
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20