Jan 17, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
With two and a half minutes left in the Bobcats loss Saturday to the Hornets, Tyrus Thomas went up for a rebound, came down with the ball and his elbows out, then, in trying to create space, swung his left elbow directly into the face of Emeka Okafor.
He got the flagrant two foul for it and was ejected, and Monday the league came down with the expected suspension to follow it up. Thomas will sit out when the Bobcats face the Sixers on Monday.
Okafor was fine and he and Thomas gave each other the “it’s cool” tap right afterward, but the league isn’t going to let an elbow to the face go unpunished.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11