Jan 17, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
He plays in Los Angeles, it was just a matter of time before the acting bug bit Kobe Bryant. He just won’t have to wait tables at California Pizza Kitchen while he waits for his big break.
Bryant and director Robert Rodriguez (“Sin City,” “Spy Kids”) have teamed up to make a full-fledged movie for Nike touting the Zoom Kobe IV and Kobe’s new True Colors apparel line, as reported by Kevin Ding in the Orange County Register.
The movie (that is how it is being billed, we’re guessing it’s a short) will be released and go viral during All-Star Weekend. Which takes place this year in Los Angeles, at the building where Kobe’s number will someday hang from the rafters. (Which number? That’s another question.) It’s all pretty convenient.
Some trailers for the film have already leaked out, so we bring you one. Sit back and enjoy. But you’ll have to supply your own popcorn.
- Reports: Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman to announce retirement Monday 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 16
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16