Jan 17, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
He plays in Los Angeles, it was just a matter of time before the acting bug bit Kobe Bryant. He just won’t have to wait tables at California Pizza Kitchen while he waits for his big break.
Bryant and director Robert Rodriguez (“Sin City,” “Spy Kids”) have teamed up to make a full-fledged movie for Nike touting the Zoom Kobe IV and Kobe’s new True Colors apparel line, as reported by Kevin Ding in the Orange County Register.
The movie (that is how it is being billed, we’re guessing it’s a short) will be released and go viral during All-Star Weekend. Which takes place this year in Los Angeles, at the building where Kobe’s number will someday hang from the rafters. (Which number? That’s another question.) It’s all pretty convenient.
Some trailers for the film have already leaked out, so we bring you one. Sit back and enjoy. But you’ll have to supply your own popcorn.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11