Jan 17, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
He plays in Los Angeles, it was just a matter of time before the acting bug bit Kobe Bryant. He just won’t have to wait tables at California Pizza Kitchen while he waits for his big break.
Bryant and director Robert Rodriguez (“Sin City,” “Spy Kids”) have teamed up to make a full-fledged movie for Nike touting the Zoom Kobe IV and Kobe’s new True Colors apparel line, as reported by Kevin Ding in the Orange County Register.
The movie (that is how it is being billed, we’re guessing it’s a short) will be released and go viral during All-Star Weekend. Which takes place this year in Los Angeles, at the building where Kobe’s number will someday hang from the rafters. (Which number? That’s another question.) It’s all pretty convenient.
Some trailers for the film have already leaked out, so we bring you one. Sit back and enjoy. But you’ll have to supply your own popcorn.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17