Jan 17, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
The Knicks have reportedly been shopping Anthony Randolph around, seeking a first-round pick they could use in Carmleo Anthony trade. Of course, it’s looking more and more likely that there will not be a ‘Melo trade for the Knicks as the Nets have become clear front runners (if owner Mikhail Prokhorov can get ‘Melo to sign the extension).
But Randolph wants out anyway, according to a report in the New York Post. Knicks GM Donnie Walsh and Randolph’s agent Bill Duffy met Sunday to discuss the situation. Walsh would not discuss what was said and Duffy was fairly vague in his comments.
But there certainly have been talks about moving him — the Timberwolves are considered the likely destination, but the Blazers and Pacers are other rumors out there — but the Knicks have not pulled the trigger. Exactly what level of protection would be on those picks also is not know (and likely holding things up).
Randolph has not been part of the rotation since the first couple weeks of the season. If the Knicks can get a decent pick for him they should do it. That pick can either be moved again in a trade package (not just Anthony but another one), or the Knicks could use it themselves and try to find another Landry Fields. But they’re not using Randolph so they might as well see what he can bring back from the marketplace.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 27
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 14
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 35
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 22
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead