Jan 17, 2011, 4:22 PM EST
The Knicks have reportedly been shopping Anthony Randolph around, seeking a first-round pick they could use in Carmleo Anthony trade. Of course, it’s looking more and more likely that there will not be a ‘Melo trade for the Knicks as the Nets have become clear front runners (if owner Mikhail Prokhorov can get ‘Melo to sign the extension).
But Randolph wants out anyway, according to a report in the New York Post. Knicks GM Donnie Walsh and Randolph’s agent Bill Duffy met Sunday to discuss the situation. Walsh would not discuss what was said and Duffy was fairly vague in his comments.
But there certainly have been talks about moving him — the Timberwolves are considered the likely destination, but the Blazers and Pacers are other rumors out there — but the Knicks have not pulled the trigger. Exactly what level of protection would be on those picks also is not know (and likely holding things up).
Randolph has not been part of the rotation since the first couple weeks of the season. If the Knicks can get a decent pick for him they should do it. That pick can either be moved again in a trade package (not just Anthony but another one), or the Knicks could use it themselves and try to find another Landry Fields. But they’re not using Randolph so they might as well see what he can bring back from the marketplace.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 0
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 2
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 10
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)