Jan 17, 2011, 8:52 AM EDT
Boozer will be out Monday afternoon when they take on the Grizzlies, according to Sam Smith on Bulls.com. If the news is on the official Bulls Web site, you can trust it. It is likely Boozer will miss the team’s game Tuesday as well.
Boozer sprained his ankle going for a rebound late in the game Saturday, the play with less than 30 seconds to go where Rose drove the lane and missed a floater, Boozer tipped the rebound out to Kyle Korver, who drove a few steps to create space then nailed a three.
Taj Gibson will start in Boozer’s place. Again. This happened for the first 25 part of the season while Boozer was out following thumb surgery.
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 3
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11