Jan 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Okay, it’s an NBA owners meeting sometime last year. You’re Donald Sterling. I’ll wait while you vomit at that idea.
Okay, you’re Donald Sterling. You are certifiably the worst owner in the history of professional sports. In addition to being an alleged slum lord, an alleged racist, having been alleged as having committed sexual harassment on multiple occasions, you also couldn’t get a franchise out of a paper bag with a blow torch, mostly because you’d probably only get served with a class-action lawsuit from your underground blowtorch dealer for discrimination. But also because you’re terrible at what you do. You seem to understand business, having made as much as you have, but when it comes to the NBA, you’re pretty clueless. You’re talking to David Stern, the most successful commissioner in the history of the league, and one of the most successful in any sport, ever. And he asks you for your opinion. What do you say?
Take it away, Los Angeles Times!
Sterling: You don’t want to hear what I have to say.
Stern. Yes, we do.
Sterling. No you don’t.
Stern: Yes, we do.
Sterling: OK, I would fire you. You’re great at marketing, but you’re not tough enough with the union.
Every time we think we’ve hit the bottom of the audacity of Donald Sterling, we find a new level. That Stern continues to put up with the man and not outright wage war to have him forever removed from his league like an excised tumor astounds me.
(HT: SBNation’s Zill)
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 10
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0