Jan 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Okay, it’s an NBA owners meeting sometime last year. You’re Donald Sterling. I’ll wait while you vomit at that idea.
Okay, you’re Donald Sterling. You are certifiably the worst owner in the history of professional sports. In addition to being an alleged slum lord, an alleged racist, having been alleged as having committed sexual harassment on multiple occasions, you also couldn’t get a franchise out of a paper bag with a blow torch, mostly because you’d probably only get served with a class-action lawsuit from your underground blowtorch dealer for discrimination. But also because you’re terrible at what you do. You seem to understand business, having made as much as you have, but when it comes to the NBA, you’re pretty clueless. You’re talking to David Stern, the most successful commissioner in the history of the league, and one of the most successful in any sport, ever. And he asks you for your opinion. What do you say?
Take it away, Los Angeles Times!
Sterling: You don’t want to hear what I have to say.
Stern. Yes, we do.
Sterling. No you don’t.
Stern: Yes, we do.
Sterling: OK, I would fire you. You’re great at marketing, but you’re not tough enough with the union.
Every time we think we’ve hit the bottom of the audacity of Donald Sterling, we find a new level. That Stern continues to put up with the man and not outright wage war to have him forever removed from his league like an excised tumor astounds me.
(HT: SBNation’s Zill)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'