Jan 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Okay, it’s an NBA owners meeting sometime last year. You’re Donald Sterling. I’ll wait while you vomit at that idea.
Okay, you’re Donald Sterling. You are certifiably the worst owner in the history of professional sports. In addition to being an alleged slum lord, an alleged racist, having been alleged as having committed sexual harassment on multiple occasions, you also couldn’t get a franchise out of a paper bag with a blow torch, mostly because you’d probably only get served with a class-action lawsuit from your underground blowtorch dealer for discrimination. But also because you’re terrible at what you do. You seem to understand business, having made as much as you have, but when it comes to the NBA, you’re pretty clueless. You’re talking to David Stern, the most successful commissioner in the history of the league, and one of the most successful in any sport, ever. And he asks you for your opinion. What do you say?
Take it away, Los Angeles Times!
Sterling: You don’t want to hear what I have to say.
Stern. Yes, we do.
Sterling. No you don’t.
Stern: Yes, we do.
Sterling: OK, I would fire you. You’re great at marketing, but you’re not tough enough with the union.
Every time we think we’ve hit the bottom of the audacity of Donald Sterling, we find a new level. That Stern continues to put up with the man and not outright wage war to have him forever removed from his league like an excised tumor astounds me.
(HT: SBNation’s Zill)
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8