Jan 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Okay, it’s an NBA owners meeting sometime last year. You’re Donald Sterling. I’ll wait while you vomit at that idea.
Okay, you’re Donald Sterling. You are certifiably the worst owner in the history of professional sports. In addition to being an alleged slum lord, an alleged racist, having been alleged as having committed sexual harassment on multiple occasions, you also couldn’t get a franchise out of a paper bag with a blow torch, mostly because you’d probably only get served with a class-action lawsuit from your underground blowtorch dealer for discrimination. But also because you’re terrible at what you do. You seem to understand business, having made as much as you have, but when it comes to the NBA, you’re pretty clueless. You’re talking to David Stern, the most successful commissioner in the history of the league, and one of the most successful in any sport, ever. And he asks you for your opinion. What do you say?
Take it away, Los Angeles Times!
Sterling: You don’t want to hear what I have to say.
Stern. Yes, we do.
Sterling. No you don’t.
Stern: Yes, we do.
Sterling: OK, I would fire you. You’re great at marketing, but you’re not tough enough with the union.
Every time we think we’ve hit the bottom of the audacity of Donald Sterling, we find a new level. That Stern continues to put up with the man and not outright wage war to have him forever removed from his league like an excised tumor astounds me.
(HT: SBNation’s Zill)
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61