Jan 16, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Michael Jordan has to live on the coolest stuff. Because he’s Michael Jordan. So it should come as no surprise that his dining room table? It now serves as a reminder of every point he scored in the NBA. From TBD:
Nevertheless, Sirvet, a local sculptor who works in metal, knew that he would be competing against several artists for the honor of crafting a dining room table for His Airness. He wanted something that would catch Jordan’s eye, so he proposed a table drilled with one hole for every point Jordan scored in his basketball career, totaling 32,292 (The table actually has 32,296 holes if you include the holes drilled for each leveling foot, but Sirvet doesn’t count those).
“[If I were him,] I’d like to see some manifestation of my life’s work,” says Sirvet. “It’s gotta be cool to sit back and say, ‘I can quantitatively look back at every point I’ve scored.'”
Sirvet is admittedly not a sports guy, so he probably misses what he’s actually done here. He probably thinks it’s about his greatness and the glory of his career to Jordan. But no. Instead? Jordan is able to eat his mac and cheese on a table which serves as a reminder of every opponent he felled, every heart he broke, every doubter he crushed in his fist.
It would be cooler if the holes were labeled.
After all, how many “NYK” holes would be on that thing? And somewhere, there are two very special holes for Cleveland’s faithful.
Sorry Cleveland, I know you’re having a rough time enough.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 9
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 48
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43