Jan 16, 2011, 7:50 AM EST
Chris Bosh left the Miami Heat’s game against the Bulls Saturday in the fourth quarter and did not return to action.
Postgame X-rays showed no damage and the sprain is considered not serious, according to ESPN, but he likely will have an MRI soon just to confirm that.
No word on whether or not he will miss any games. The Heat’s LeBron James has missed the team’s last two games due to a sprained ankle, but he is expected back Tuesday when the Heat play the Hawks.
That’s the basics, it is what happened postgame that will add to Bosh’s reputation as soft. After the game Bosh was angry about how the injury went down, even through he had no reason to be. There was a loose ball rolling in Bosh’s general direction and he bent down to get it while the Bulls Omer Asik went after it — diving after it before he saw Bosh in place. The two collided and the way Asik hit Bosh’s legs and rolled his ankle.
Before play started again Bosh high-fived Asik but after the game he was much more bitter.
“C’mon, that is how guys get hurt, that is how serious injuries happen,” Bosh said. “You’ve got to watch people’s legs. I know guys want to hustle and everything but we all want to play and provide for our families and have a job.”
It was two guys going for a loose ball, there was nothing to it. This happens when guys hustle. Move on.
The Bulls beat the Heat 99-96.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 24
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)