Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
Rudy Gay is not going to be an All-Star this season. But he is the most interesting All-Star candidate in the world.
He is not in the top 10 vote getters among Western Conference forwards. Kevin Durant will start, Carmelo Anthony is second in votes but he may well be playing in the East, so you can figure four or five more forwards. That means all Gay has to do is beat out Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowtizki, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge.
So, it’s not going to happen.
But he may have had the most creative All-Star campaign (via TrueHoop on twitter).
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 1
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 5
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 12
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42