Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
Rudy Gay is not going to be an All-Star this season. But he is the most interesting All-Star candidate in the world.
He is not in the top 10 vote getters among Western Conference forwards. Kevin Durant will start, Carmelo Anthony is second in votes but he may well be playing in the East, so you can figure four or five more forwards. That means all Gay has to do is beat out Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowtizki, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge.
So, it’s not going to happen.
But he may have had the most creative All-Star campaign (via TrueHoop on twitter).
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 0
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 15
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32