Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
Rudy Gay is not going to be an All-Star this season. But he is the most interesting All-Star candidate in the world.
He is not in the top 10 vote getters among Western Conference forwards. Kevin Durant will start, Carmelo Anthony is second in votes but he may well be playing in the East, so you can figure four or five more forwards. That means all Gay has to do is beat out Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowtizki, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge.
So, it’s not going to happen.
But he may have had the most creative All-Star campaign (via TrueHoop on twitter).
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 14
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13