Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
Rudy Gay is not going to be an All-Star this season. But he is the most interesting All-Star candidate in the world.
He is not in the top 10 vote getters among Western Conference forwards. Kevin Durant will start, Carmelo Anthony is second in votes but he may well be playing in the East, so you can figure four or five more forwards. That means all Gay has to do is beat out Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowtizki, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge.
So, it’s not going to happen.
But he may have had the most creative All-Star campaign (via TrueHoop on twitter).
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 0
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 12
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11