Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
Rudy Gay is not going to be an All-Star this season. But he is the most interesting All-Star candidate in the world.
He is not in the top 10 vote getters among Western Conference forwards. Kevin Durant will start, Carmelo Anthony is second in votes but he may well be playing in the East, so you can figure four or five more forwards. That means all Gay has to do is beat out Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowtizki, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge.
So, it’s not going to happen.
But he may have had the most creative All-Star campaign (via TrueHoop on twitter).
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 0
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68