Jan 14, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks — who played the toughest schedule in the league for the first couple months of the season — are finally in a place to reap the rewards of that with some softies….
If they could just get healthy.
Maybe they are starting to get there. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jennings has taken off his walking boot that has been on since his foot surgery and was even jacking up some shots before the Bucks game against the Spurs.
Jennings could be back in the next couple of weeks if the rest of rehab goes well. He has every intention of being there for the Dunk Contest All-Star weekend and he wants to be back well before that.
Then there is Andrew Bogut, who is a walking list of injuries. He has an upper back injury to go with the virus he has battled for a month but seems to be finally getting over, and the elbow that still will not totally straighten out.
All the injuries and the slow start — the Bucks are 14-22 — have frustrated a team that expected to be competing for a higher playoff seed, not fighting to get in at all.
“It’s frustrating,” Jennings said after the Bucks dropped to eight games under .500 (14-22). “We’ve got to keep it close because now we’re under pressure.
“You want to stay in the 8 range or 7 range (in the conference standings) at least. If we can keep it close before the all-star break, we’ll see what happens.”
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29