Jan 14, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks — who played the toughest schedule in the league for the first couple months of the season — are finally in a place to reap the rewards of that with some softies….
If they could just get healthy.
Maybe they are starting to get there. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jennings has taken off his walking boot that has been on since his foot surgery and was even jacking up some shots before the Bucks game against the Spurs.
Jennings could be back in the next couple of weeks if the rest of rehab goes well. He has every intention of being there for the Dunk Contest All-Star weekend and he wants to be back well before that.
Then there is Andrew Bogut, who is a walking list of injuries. He has an upper back injury to go with the virus he has battled for a month but seems to be finally getting over, and the elbow that still will not totally straighten out.
All the injuries and the slow start — the Bucks are 14-22 — have frustrated a team that expected to be competing for a higher playoff seed, not fighting to get in at all.
“It’s frustrating,” Jennings said after the Bucks dropped to eight games under .500 (14-22). “We’ve got to keep it close because now we’re under pressure.
“You want to stay in the 8 range or 7 range (in the conference standings) at least. If we can keep it close before the all-star break, we’ll see what happens.”
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 62
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31