Jan 14, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks — who played the toughest schedule in the league for the first couple months of the season — are finally in a place to reap the rewards of that with some softies….
If they could just get healthy.
Maybe they are starting to get there. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jennings has taken off his walking boot that has been on since his foot surgery and was even jacking up some shots before the Bucks game against the Spurs.
Jennings could be back in the next couple of weeks if the rest of rehab goes well. He has every intention of being there for the Dunk Contest All-Star weekend and he wants to be back well before that.
Then there is Andrew Bogut, who is a walking list of injuries. He has an upper back injury to go with the virus he has battled for a month but seems to be finally getting over, and the elbow that still will not totally straighten out.
All the injuries and the slow start — the Bucks are 14-22 — have frustrated a team that expected to be competing for a higher playoff seed, not fighting to get in at all.
“It’s frustrating,” Jennings said after the Bucks dropped to eight games under .500 (14-22). “We’ve got to keep it close because now we’re under pressure.
“You want to stay in the 8 range or 7 range (in the conference standings) at least. If we can keep it close before the all-star break, we’ll see what happens.”
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38