Jan 13, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
Rip Hamilton put on his jersey as he has done before 822 other NBA games — but for the first time he could remember never got the sweats off.
Pistons coach John Kuester never called Hamilton’s number. He had gone to a new starting lineup to try and bring a new energy, but Hamilton was not used as a sub. He got the DNP-CD in the box score (did not play – coach’s decision).
Hamilton told Booth Newspapers after the game it’s the first time he can remember that happening at any level (it’s not, he did sit the last game of the season three years ago).
“I came to the game with my same routine, that I was going to play,” Hamilton said. “Nobody warned me or told me anything. I just came out ready to play the game. I was definitely surprised. Do I think it was a level of disrespect or unfair or anything like that? I’ll leave that to y’all.”
“Buffoonery. Do you all know what that means?”
Piston players really have no problem smacking their coach publicly, do they? Take that note for what it’s worth.
Hamilton refused to take the bait after the game when asked about it, but you have to think that every time he hears his name in a trade rumor now he runs into a church and says a little prayer it comes true.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6