Jan 13, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
Rip Hamilton put on his jersey as he has done before 822 other NBA games — but for the first time he could remember never got the sweats off.
Pistons coach John Kuester never called Hamilton’s number. He had gone to a new starting lineup to try and bring a new energy, but Hamilton was not used as a sub. He got the DNP-CD in the box score (did not play – coach’s decision).
Hamilton told Booth Newspapers after the game it’s the first time he can remember that happening at any level (it’s not, he did sit the last game of the season three years ago).
“I came to the game with my same routine, that I was going to play,” Hamilton said. “Nobody warned me or told me anything. I just came out ready to play the game. I was definitely surprised. Do I think it was a level of disrespect or unfair or anything like that? I’ll leave that to y’all.”
“Buffoonery. Do you all know what that means?”
Piston players really have no problem smacking their coach publicly, do they? Take that note for what it’s worth.
Hamilton refused to take the bait after the game when asked about it, but you have to think that every time he hears his name in a trade rumor now he runs into a church and says a little prayer it comes true.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants