Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
LeBron James is going to miss his first game of the season Thursday, sitting out the game in Denver against the Nuggets.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra called James “doubtful” and since then multiple reports have him sitting out. James Jones will start in James’ place.
LeBron was limping pretty badly when he rolled his ankle landing from a layup in the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers Wednesday. He said after the game that X-rays were negative but it would depend on how he felt Thursday morning.
He also said that considering that this is January he would be cautious.
““I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be,” James said Wednesday. “My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent.”
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36