Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
LeBron James is going to miss his first game of the season Thursday, sitting out the game in Denver against the Nuggets.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra called James “doubtful” and since then multiple reports have him sitting out. James Jones will start in James’ place.
LeBron was limping pretty badly when he rolled his ankle landing from a layup in the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers Wednesday. He said after the game that X-rays were negative but it would depend on how he felt Thursday morning.
He also said that considering that this is January he would be cautious.
““I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be,” James said Wednesday. “My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent.”
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28