Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
LeBron James is going to miss his first game of the season Thursday, sitting out the game in Denver against the Nuggets.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra called James “doubtful” and since then multiple reports have him sitting out. James Jones will start in James’ place.
LeBron was limping pretty badly when he rolled his ankle landing from a layup in the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers Wednesday. He said after the game that X-rays were negative but it would depend on how he felt Thursday morning.
He also said that considering that this is January he would be cautious.
““I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be,” James said Wednesday. “My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent.”
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6