Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
LeBron James is going to miss his first game of the season Thursday, sitting out the game in Denver against the Nuggets.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra called James “doubtful” and since then multiple reports have him sitting out. James Jones will start in James’ place.
LeBron was limping pretty badly when he rolled his ankle landing from a layup in the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers Wednesday. He said after the game that X-rays were negative but it would depend on how he felt Thursday morning.
He also said that considering that this is January he would be cautious.
““I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be,” James said Wednesday. “My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent.”
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6