Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 PM EST
LeBron James is going to miss his first game of the season Thursday, sitting out the game in Denver against the Nuggets.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra called James “doubtful” and since then multiple reports have him sitting out. James Jones will start in James’ place.
LeBron was limping pretty badly when he rolled his ankle landing from a layup in the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers Wednesday. He said after the game that X-rays were negative but it would depend on how he felt Thursday morning.
He also said that considering that this is January he would be cautious.
““I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be,” James said Wednesday. “My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent.”
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)