LeBron James says he is day-to-day with sprained ankle

Jan 13, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT

LeBron James

In the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers — yes, the Heat lost to the Clippers, you read that right — LeBron James attacked the basket and after a missed layup rolled his ankle as he landed and he tried to keep weight off it as he ended up 10 feet off the court.

James limped back into to the corner beyond the three-point line, got the ball on a pass he probably didn’t want, realized he couldn’t drive on the gimpy ankle so took a leaning, contested three. And drained it.

He played the rest of the game on the ankle, but how it feels Thursday morning will determine if he goes Thursday night against the Nuggets in Denver.

“There’s no damage,” James said. “I got an X-ray after the game and the doc told me I’m day-to-day, so we’ll see how it feels tomorrow when I wake up….

“I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be. My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent. So we’ll see how I feel in the morning and go from there.”

1. dmvdmv101560 - Jan 13, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Hey Lebron, Karma’s a bitch, isn’t it?

2. jmad34 - Jan 13, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Can’t say I’m not happy about this game at all lol. Karma LeCon!

3. tubal22 - Jan 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM

“I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent.”

Yeah. That whole hero thing has worked well for you in the post seasons past.

4. wfon1 - Jan 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM

You’re right, Lebron. Karma IS a bitch!

5. secdominance - Jan 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM

he’ll take a sprained ankle over losing by 55 points.

6. pff - Jan 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM

LOL…good one, SEC

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches