Jan 13, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
In the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers — yes, the Heat lost to the Clippers, you read that right — LeBron James attacked the basket and after a missed layup rolled his ankle as he landed and he tried to keep weight off it as he ended up 10 feet off the court.
James limped back into to the corner beyond the three-point line, got the ball on a pass he probably didn’t want, realized he couldn’t drive on the gimpy ankle so took a leaning, contested three. And drained it.
He played the rest of the game on the ankle, but how it feels Thursday morning will determine if he goes Thursday night against the Nuggets in Denver.
“There’s no damage,” James said. “I got an X-ray after the game and the doc told me I’m day-to-day, so we’ll see how it feels tomorrow when I wake up….
“I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be. My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent. So we’ll see how I feel in the morning and go from there.”
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 8
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 36
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10