Jan 13, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
In the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers — yes, the Heat lost to the Clippers, you read that right — LeBron James attacked the basket and after a missed layup rolled his ankle as he landed and he tried to keep weight off it as he ended up 10 feet off the court.
James limped back into to the corner beyond the three-point line, got the ball on a pass he probably didn’t want, realized he couldn’t drive on the gimpy ankle so took a leaning, contested three. And drained it.
He played the rest of the game on the ankle, but how it feels Thursday morning will determine if he goes Thursday night against the Nuggets in Denver.
“There’s no damage,” James said. “I got an X-ray after the game and the doc told me I’m day-to-day, so we’ll see how it feels tomorrow when I wake up….
“I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be. My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent. So we’ll see how I feel in the morning and go from there.”
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28