Jan 13, 2011, 2:45 AM EST
In the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers — yes, the Heat lost to the Clippers, you read that right — LeBron James attacked the basket and after a missed layup rolled his ankle as he landed and he tried to keep weight off it as he ended up 10 feet off the court.
James limped back into to the corner beyond the three-point line, got the ball on a pass he probably didn’t want, realized he couldn’t drive on the gimpy ankle so took a leaning, contested three. And drained it.
He played the rest of the game on the ankle, but how it feels Thursday morning will determine if he goes Thursday night against the Nuggets in Denver.
“There’s no damage,” James said. “I got an X-ray after the game and the doc told me I’m day-to-day, so we’ll see how it feels tomorrow when I wake up….
“I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be. My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent. So we’ll see how I feel in the morning and go from there.”
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39