Jan 13, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
In the fourth quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Clippers — yes, the Heat lost to the Clippers, you read that right — LeBron James attacked the basket and after a missed layup rolled his ankle as he landed and he tried to keep weight off it as he ended up 10 feet off the court.
James limped back into to the corner beyond the three-point line, got the ball on a pass he probably didn’t want, realized he couldn’t drive on the gimpy ankle so took a leaning, contested three. And drained it.
He played the rest of the game on the ankle, but how it feels Thursday morning will determine if he goes Thursday night against the Nuggets in Denver.
“There’s no damage,” James said. “I got an X-ray after the game and the doc told me I’m day-to-day, so we’ll see how it feels tomorrow when I wake up….
“I’ll definitely be smart about the situation and our training staff will be. My teammates will definitely tell me to be smart about it. I don’t have to be a hero in the regular season if I’m not up close to 100 percent. So we’ll see how I feel in the morning and go from there.”
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29