Jan 13, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
As it seems with everything lately, it all comes back to what Carmelo Anthony wants. And nobody seems to really know what he will do.
If Anthony tells Denver it is “Knicks or bust” — killing the stalled big trade with the Nets — the Knicks can make a move to get a first round pick, something the Nuggets are demanding with any deal.
To get it, they would ship Anthony Randolph off to Minnesota, the New York Post reports. This is basically a confirmation of a long-standing rumor that this deal was in place, although the Post also reports Knicks GM Donnie Walsh isn’t convinced this is a good idea.
Randolph came to the Knicks this summer as part of the David Lee deal, and many — us included — thought he would blossom in the Mike D’Antoni system. Turns out, like Don Nelson before him, D’Antoni doesn’t really trust Randolph and he gets very little run.
Still there is a lot of potential, and the Wolves are a team in a place to give him minutes to see if he can turn all those gifts into reality. The Knicks could then try to turn that pick into ‘Melo and another superstar to play next to Amar’e Stoudemire.
But it all comes back to what Anthony wants. Whatever that is.
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 0
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 2
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 31
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39