Jan 13, 2011, 9:42 AM EDT
Brandon Roy is getting rest for his knee. Which is nice. But he also is meeting with doctors as he continues to look for long-term answers for the knee pain that has slowed him to average this season and has sidelined him for weeks.
(Chicago Bulls team physician Dr. Brian) Cole is of the opinion that meniscus transplant surgery on Roy, who has had a pair of lateral meniscus operations and is at the bone-on-bone stage with the left knee, is not an option. Cole offered the possibility that an arthroscopic procedure, however, might relieve some of the pain.
Roy, who has missed Portland’s last 13 games to rest his knees, and the Blazers’ medical staff haven’t yet made a decision on the prospects of another scope. MRIs were taken on both of Roy’s knees on Tuesday. If he decides to undergo the surgery, the hope is that he would be able to return to the team at some point in the season.
Previously doctors had said having Roy’s knee scoped again was not really an option because there was no meniscus to deal with. But we’re not doctors, maybe it will help.
But these seem to be short-term fixes not solutions. There may not be a solution out there.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars