Jan 12, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley rolled his ankle and got a mild sprain last Friday night against Portland. He played through it Sunday against the Spurs but rolled it again. He played through that on Tuesday after some treatment and, you guessed it, aggravated the sprain for the third straight game.
Beasley has gotten the message, he’s taking some time off, he told the Star Tribune. How long is unclear but on Wednesday coach Kurt Rambis called him doubtful for Thursday. The Wolves next game after that is Sunday against the Magic.
Beasley has become the perimeter threat for the T-Wolves, and has averaged 19.8 points per game in the Wolves last 10. He has not been terribly efficient getting there (16.6 shot attempts per game to get those points) but the Wolves will take the offense wherever they can get it at this point.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61