Jan 12, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley rolled his ankle and got a mild sprain last Friday night against Portland. He played through it Sunday against the Spurs but rolled it again. He played through that on Tuesday after some treatment and, you guessed it, aggravated the sprain for the third straight game.
Beasley has gotten the message, he’s taking some time off, he told the Star Tribune. How long is unclear but on Wednesday coach Kurt Rambis called him doubtful for Thursday. The Wolves next game after that is Sunday against the Magic.
Beasley has become the perimeter threat for the T-Wolves, and has averaged 19.8 points per game in the Wolves last 10. He has not been terribly efficient getting there (16.6 shot attempts per game to get those points) but the Wolves will take the offense wherever they can get it at this point.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 7
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 36
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40