Jan 12, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley rolled his ankle and got a mild sprain last Friday night against Portland. He played through it Sunday against the Spurs but rolled it again. He played through that on Tuesday after some treatment and, you guessed it, aggravated the sprain for the third straight game.
Beasley has gotten the message, he’s taking some time off, he told the Star Tribune. How long is unclear but on Wednesday coach Kurt Rambis called him doubtful for Thursday. The Wolves next game after that is Sunday against the Magic.
Beasley has become the perimeter threat for the T-Wolves, and has averaged 19.8 points per game in the Wolves last 10. He has not been terribly efficient getting there (16.6 shot attempts per game to get those points) but the Wolves will take the offense wherever they can get it at this point.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 10
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 61
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33