Jan 12, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley rolled his ankle and got a mild sprain last Friday night against Portland. He played through it Sunday against the Spurs but rolled it again. He played through that on Tuesday after some treatment and, you guessed it, aggravated the sprain for the third straight game.
Beasley has gotten the message, he’s taking some time off, he told the Star Tribune. How long is unclear but on Wednesday coach Kurt Rambis called him doubtful for Thursday. The Wolves next game after that is Sunday against the Magic.
Beasley has become the perimeter threat for the T-Wolves, and has averaged 19.8 points per game in the Wolves last 10. He has not been terribly efficient getting there (16.6 shot attempts per game to get those points) but the Wolves will take the offense wherever they can get it at this point.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6