Jan 12, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley rolled his ankle and got a mild sprain last Friday night against Portland. He played through it Sunday against the Spurs but rolled it again. He played through that on Tuesday after some treatment and, you guessed it, aggravated the sprain for the third straight game.
Beasley has gotten the message, he’s taking some time off, he told the Star Tribune. How long is unclear but on Wednesday coach Kurt Rambis called him doubtful for Thursday. The Wolves next game after that is Sunday against the Magic.
Beasley has become the perimeter threat for the T-Wolves, and has averaged 19.8 points per game in the Wolves last 10. He has not been terribly efficient getting there (16.6 shot attempts per game to get those points) but the Wolves will take the offense wherever they can get it at this point.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28