Jan 12, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
It was actually hard to watch, it was so ugly. The Cavaliers losing by 55 was just painful. And apparently we were not the only ones to feel that way — check out what the Cavs’ Antawn Jamison had to say after the game, reported by the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
“It can’t get any worse than this,” he said after the Cavaliers suffered the worst loss in team history, 112-57, to the Lakers on Tuesday night in Staples Center. “If it is, y’all going to have to help me. I don’t know how much of this I can take. This, by far, is the bottom.
“Fifty-five points? That’s, like, impossible,” Jamison said. “We’re professional athletes. How do you lose by 55 points? I don’t care who you’re playing against. I mean, if this doesn’t hurt . . . I don’t understand how we’re able to have conversations in the locker room. There’s nothing to talk about.
“We have to do some soul searching quick because no matter who we play, right now they feel like they can beat us. If we don’t have a sense of pride and just play for yourself or something . . . this might be one of the worst teams to go through a season. The frustrating part about it is I know we’re better than this. I don’t know. Something has to change.”
The Cavs are not going to be good this season, particularly with Anderson Varejao out the rest of the way. But these are still NBA players — pride and effort can keep a game closer than what happened last night. That was a team that quit. And you can be sure coach Byron Scott and veterans like Jamison will not tolerate that, regardless of the situation.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 26
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 29
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10