Jan 12, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
It was actually hard to watch, it was so ugly. The Cavaliers losing by 55 was just painful. And apparently we were not the only ones to feel that way — check out what the Cavs’ Antawn Jamison had to say after the game, reported by the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
“It can’t get any worse than this,” he said after the Cavaliers suffered the worst loss in team history, 112-57, to the Lakers on Tuesday night in Staples Center. “If it is, y’all going to have to help me. I don’t know how much of this I can take. This, by far, is the bottom.
“Fifty-five points? That’s, like, impossible,” Jamison said. “We’re professional athletes. How do you lose by 55 points? I don’t care who you’re playing against. I mean, if this doesn’t hurt . . . I don’t understand how we’re able to have conversations in the locker room. There’s nothing to talk about.
“We have to do some soul searching quick because no matter who we play, right now they feel like they can beat us. If we don’t have a sense of pride and just play for yourself or something . . . this might be one of the worst teams to go through a season. The frustrating part about it is I know we’re better than this. I don’t know. Something has to change.”
The Cavs are not going to be good this season, particularly with Anderson Varejao out the rest of the way. But these are still NBA players — pride and effort can keep a game closer than what happened last night. That was a team that quit. And you can be sure coach Byron Scott and veterans like Jamison will not tolerate that, regardless of the situation.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)