Jan 11, 2011, 1:51 PM EST
Kobe Bryant has ongoing knee issues. Pau Gasol has seemed slow in his decision making. Matt Barnes is having major knee surgery. Derek Fisher has looked old and Steve Blake has lost his shot. Ron Artest is, well, Ron Artest.
This year’s Lakers don’t seem as intimidating as past seasons. But ask NBA players who they think will win the title and they still pick a Lakers three-peat.
Sports Illustrated annually polls NBA players and among the questions is who do players who will win the NBA title — 69 percent said the Lakers this season, as reported by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Second place went to the Celtics (22 percent), followed by the Heat (3 percent), Magic (2 percent) and Spurs (1 percent).
Good thing this is an anonymous poll or you’d all be on LeBron James’ list.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 25
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 23
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 10
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10