Jan 11, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant has ongoing knee issues. Pau Gasol has seemed slow in his decision making. Matt Barnes is having major knee surgery. Derek Fisher has looked old and Steve Blake has lost his shot. Ron Artest is, well, Ron Artest.
This year’s Lakers don’t seem as intimidating as past seasons. But ask NBA players who they think will win the title and they still pick a Lakers three-peat.
Sports Illustrated annually polls NBA players and among the questions is who do players who will win the NBA title — 69 percent said the Lakers this season, as reported by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Second place went to the Celtics (22 percent), followed by the Heat (3 percent), Magic (2 percent) and Spurs (1 percent).
Good thing this is an anonymous poll or you’d all be on LeBron James’ list.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 48