Jan 11, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant has ongoing knee issues. Pau Gasol has seemed slow in his decision making. Matt Barnes is having major knee surgery. Derek Fisher has looked old and Steve Blake has lost his shot. Ron Artest is, well, Ron Artest.
This year’s Lakers don’t seem as intimidating as past seasons. But ask NBA players who they think will win the title and they still pick a Lakers three-peat.
Sports Illustrated annually polls NBA players and among the questions is who do players who will win the NBA title — 69 percent said the Lakers this season, as reported by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Second place went to the Celtics (22 percent), followed by the Heat (3 percent), Magic (2 percent) and Spurs (1 percent).
Good thing this is an anonymous poll or you’d all be on LeBron James’ list.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10