Jan 11, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant has ongoing knee issues. Pau Gasol has seemed slow in his decision making. Matt Barnes is having major knee surgery. Derek Fisher has looked old and Steve Blake has lost his shot. Ron Artest is, well, Ron Artest.
This year’s Lakers don’t seem as intimidating as past seasons. But ask NBA players who they think will win the title and they still pick a Lakers three-peat.
Sports Illustrated annually polls NBA players and among the questions is who do players who will win the NBA title — 69 percent said the Lakers this season, as reported by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Second place went to the Celtics (22 percent), followed by the Heat (3 percent), Magic (2 percent) and Spurs (1 percent).
Good thing this is an anonymous poll or you’d all be on LeBron James’ list.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3