Jan 11, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant has ongoing knee issues. Pau Gasol has seemed slow in his decision making. Matt Barnes is having major knee surgery. Derek Fisher has looked old and Steve Blake has lost his shot. Ron Artest is, well, Ron Artest.
This year’s Lakers don’t seem as intimidating as past seasons. But ask NBA players who they think will win the title and they still pick a Lakers three-peat.
Sports Illustrated annually polls NBA players and among the questions is who do players who will win the NBA title — 69 percent said the Lakers this season, as reported by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Second place went to the Celtics (22 percent), followed by the Heat (3 percent), Magic (2 percent) and Spurs (1 percent).
Good thing this is an anonymous poll or you’d all be on LeBron James’ list.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4