Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
The game has been rescheduled for March 15 Philips Arena in Atlanta.
This is probably the smart move — last night the Bobcats hosted the Grizzlies despite a strong snowstorm in another city not used to that kind of weather. About 1,000 people showed up and the upper sections of the arena were blacked out, with all fans invited down to the lower bowl area.
Rather than repeat that and risk injury to fans trying to travel on icy roads, the Hawks and league took the safe route. The Atlanta Thrashers of the NHL canceled their practice and a number of other things in the city have been closed for the day due to the unusual weather.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50