Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
The game has been rescheduled for March 15 Philips Arena in Atlanta.
This is probably the smart move — last night the Bobcats hosted the Grizzlies despite a strong snowstorm in another city not used to that kind of weather. About 1,000 people showed up and the upper sections of the arena were blacked out, with all fans invited down to the lower bowl area.
Rather than repeat that and risk injury to fans trying to travel on icy roads, the Hawks and league took the safe route. The Atlanta Thrashers of the NHL canceled their practice and a number of other things in the city have been closed for the day due to the unusual weather.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)