Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
The game has been rescheduled for March 15 Philips Arena in Atlanta.
This is probably the smart move — last night the Bobcats hosted the Grizzlies despite a strong snowstorm in another city not used to that kind of weather. About 1,000 people showed up and the upper sections of the arena were blacked out, with all fans invited down to the lower bowl area.
Rather than repeat that and risk injury to fans trying to travel on icy roads, the Hawks and league took the safe route. The Atlanta Thrashers of the NHL canceled their practice and a number of other things in the city have been closed for the day due to the unusual weather.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 1
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 27
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7