Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
The game has been rescheduled for March 15 Philips Arena in Atlanta.
This is probably the smart move — last night the Bobcats hosted the Grizzlies despite a strong snowstorm in another city not used to that kind of weather. About 1,000 people showed up and the upper sections of the arena were blacked out, with all fans invited down to the lower bowl area.
Rather than repeat that and risk injury to fans trying to travel on icy roads, the Hawks and league took the safe route. The Atlanta Thrashers of the NHL canceled their practice and a number of other things in the city have been closed for the day due to the unusual weather.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25