Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
The game has been rescheduled for March 15 Philips Arena in Atlanta.
This is probably the smart move — last night the Bobcats hosted the Grizzlies despite a strong snowstorm in another city not used to that kind of weather. About 1,000 people showed up and the upper sections of the arena were blacked out, with all fans invited down to the lower bowl area.
Rather than repeat that and risk injury to fans trying to travel on icy roads, the Hawks and league took the safe route. The Atlanta Thrashers of the NHL canceled their practice and a number of other things in the city have been closed for the day due to the unusual weather.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15