Jan 11, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
Can’t blame a guy for trying, I guess.
The Clippers’ Blake Griffin is one of Denver’s dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected.
Even the Clippers are not going to trade Blake Griffin. He may well leave Los Angeles as a free agent in a few years after Donald Sterling finds a way to screw this one up, too, but the Clippers are not going to trade a franchise cornerstone and huge gate draw. There are only so many of those to go around, when you get one you hold on.
But it’s pretty funny. And I guess it never hurts to ask.
- Hawks cruise to underwhelming Game 1 win over Nets 3
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 15
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10