Jan 11, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
Can’t blame a guy for trying, I guess.
The Clippers’ Blake Griffin is one of Denver’s dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected.
Even the Clippers are not going to trade Blake Griffin. He may well leave Los Angeles as a free agent in a few years after Donald Sterling finds a way to screw this one up, too, but the Clippers are not going to trade a franchise cornerstone and huge gate draw. There are only so many of those to go around, when you get one you hold on.
But it’s pretty funny. And I guess it never hurts to ask.
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 0
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43