Jan 11, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
Can’t blame a guy for trying, I guess.
The Clippers’ Blake Griffin is one of Denver’s dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected.
Even the Clippers are not going to trade Blake Griffin. He may well leave Los Angeles as a free agent in a few years after Donald Sterling finds a way to screw this one up, too, but the Clippers are not going to trade a franchise cornerstone and huge gate draw. There are only so many of those to go around, when you get one you hold on.
But it’s pretty funny. And I guess it never hurts to ask.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 14
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 9
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 38
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay