Jan 11, 2011, 11:16 AM EST
Can’t blame a guy for trying, I guess.
The Clippers’ Blake Griffin is one of Denver’s dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected.
Even the Clippers are not going to trade Blake Griffin. He may well leave Los Angeles as a free agent in a few years after Donald Sterling finds a way to screw this one up, too, but the Clippers are not going to trade a franchise cornerstone and huge gate draw. There are only so many of those to go around, when you get one you hold on.
But it’s pretty funny. And I guess it never hurts to ask.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)