Jan 11, 2011, 11:16 AM EST
Can’t blame a guy for trying, I guess.
The Clippers’ Blake Griffin is one of Denver’s dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected.
Even the Clippers are not going to trade Blake Griffin. He may well leave Los Angeles as a free agent in a few years after Donald Sterling finds a way to screw this one up, too, but the Clippers are not going to trade a franchise cornerstone and huge gate draw. There are only so many of those to go around, when you get one you hold on.
But it’s pretty funny. And I guess it never hurts to ask.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (44)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)