Jan 10, 2011, 9:58 AM EST
In a lot of ways, it looked like vintage Ron Artest on Sunday when the Lakers played the Knicks.
He was physical and a pest. He picked up a flagrant foul for a hard hit on Amar’e Stoudemire and got a technical for getting into it with Shawne Williams.
Except the new Ron Artest regretted it and said on Twitter not to expect more of that.
i wont be that aggressive if yal looking for that just mental toughness that was the old ron today i dont know where he came from
bye bye old RON too much emotion for me i am getting old
YAL HAVE TO WATCH BOXING OR UFC TO SEE THAT. i was actually very mad at myself for gettin that emotional piece out tweeters.
He is maturing. That vintage Artest was also an inefficient player (he was 2 of 9 shooting against the Knicks) so Phil Jackson would like back some of that more controlled Artest who knocks down his shots.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11