Jan 10, 2011, 9:58 AM EST
In a lot of ways, it looked like vintage Ron Artest on Sunday when the Lakers played the Knicks.
He was physical and a pest. He picked up a flagrant foul for a hard hit on Amar’e Stoudemire and got a technical for getting into it with Shawne Williams.
Except the new Ron Artest regretted it and said on Twitter not to expect more of that.
i wont be that aggressive if yal looking for that just mental toughness that was the old ron today i dont know where he came from
bye bye old RON too much emotion for me i am getting old
YAL HAVE TO WATCH BOXING OR UFC TO SEE THAT. i was actually very mad at myself for gettin that emotional piece out tweeters.
He is maturing. That vintage Artest was also an inefficient player (he was 2 of 9 shooting against the Knicks) so Phil Jackson would like back some of that more controlled Artest who knocks down his shots.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 29
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)