Jan 10, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
In a lot of ways, it looked like vintage Ron Artest on Sunday when the Lakers played the Knicks.
He was physical and a pest. He picked up a flagrant foul for a hard hit on Amar’e Stoudemire and got a technical for getting into it with Shawne Williams.
Except the new Ron Artest regretted it and said on Twitter not to expect more of that.
i wont be that aggressive if yal looking for that just mental toughness that was the old ron today i dont know where he came from
bye bye old RON too much emotion for me i am getting old
YAL HAVE TO WATCH BOXING OR UFC TO SEE THAT. i was actually very mad at myself for gettin that emotional piece out tweeters.
He is maturing. That vintage Artest was also an inefficient player (he was 2 of 9 shooting against the Knicks) so Phil Jackson would like back some of that more controlled Artest who knocks down his shots.
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 0
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 23
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 22
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 12