Jan 10, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks have signed former Cavaliers and Timberwolves swingman Sasha Pavlovic to a 10-day contract. The 27-year old Pavlovic was a crucial part of the Cavaliers’ starting lineup when the team went to the finals in 2007, but he missed the first part of the 07-08 season due to a contract dispute and his career never really got back on track.
Pavlovic is a surprisingly good athlete and defender with three-point range, but he is prone to making poor decisions when he puts the ball on the floor and turning it over and losing confidence in his outside shot. Pavlovic has all the physical tools to be an NBA rotation player, but he’s never quite been consistent enough — for example, there’s no real reason why a player who shot 41% from beyond the arc in the 08-09 season would make 10 of his 26 free-throw attempts (38.5%) in 71 games with the Timberwolves last season. It seems extremely unlikely that Pavlovic will parlay this 10-day contract into any sort of significant role with the Mavericks, but there’s always hope — after all, DeShawn Stevenson‘s career looked all but over before this season began.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19