Jan 10, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
But that might not be his final stop.
The Dallas Mavericks might make a move to go get Harris from Denver, according to Mark Stein at ESPN. And you can be sure that if Dallas is thinking about it other teams are as well.
Harris spent his first three-and-a-half seasons with the Mavericks before being traded to the Nets as part of the Jason Kidd deal. Now the Mavs are looking for a guy who can help fill in some for Caron Butler, be a backup point guard and be a potential long-term successor to Kidd. Harris would fit the bill.
Denver doesn’t need Harris, they would want to turn the team over to Ty Lawson at the point. Harris has two years, nearly $18 million in salary left after this season that Denver probably doesn’t want on the books either.
Just something to watch. There will be other ripples off the big splash of a ‘Melo trade. If it happens.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 22
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 8
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2