Jan 10, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
But that might not be his final stop.
The Dallas Mavericks might make a move to go get Harris from Denver, according to Mark Stein at ESPN. And you can be sure that if Dallas is thinking about it other teams are as well.
Harris spent his first three-and-a-half seasons with the Mavericks before being traded to the Nets as part of the Jason Kidd deal. Now the Mavs are looking for a guy who can help fill in some for Caron Butler, be a backup point guard and be a potential long-term successor to Kidd. Harris would fit the bill.
Denver doesn’t need Harris, they would want to turn the team over to Ty Lawson at the point. Harris has two years, nearly $18 million in salary left after this season that Denver probably doesn’t want on the books either.
Just something to watch. There will be other ripples off the big splash of a ‘Melo trade. If it happens.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14