Jan 10, 2011, 9:11 AM EST
But that might not be his final stop.
The Dallas Mavericks might make a move to go get Harris from Denver, according to Mark Stein at ESPN. And you can be sure that if Dallas is thinking about it other teams are as well.
Harris spent his first three-and-a-half seasons with the Mavericks before being traded to the Nets as part of the Jason Kidd deal. Now the Mavs are looking for a guy who can help fill in some for Caron Butler, be a backup point guard and be a potential long-term successor to Kidd. Harris would fit the bill.
Denver doesn’t need Harris, they would want to turn the team over to Ty Lawson at the point. Harris has two years, nearly $18 million in salary left after this season that Denver probably doesn’t want on the books either.
Just something to watch. There will be other ripples off the big splash of a ‘Melo trade. If it happens.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)