Jan 10, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
But that might not be his final stop.
The Dallas Mavericks might make a move to go get Harris from Denver, according to Mark Stein at ESPN. And you can be sure that if Dallas is thinking about it other teams are as well.
Harris spent his first three-and-a-half seasons with the Mavericks before being traded to the Nets as part of the Jason Kidd deal. Now the Mavs are looking for a guy who can help fill in some for Caron Butler, be a backup point guard and be a potential long-term successor to Kidd. Harris would fit the bill.
Denver doesn’t need Harris, they would want to turn the team over to Ty Lawson at the point. Harris has two years, nearly $18 million in salary left after this season that Denver probably doesn’t want on the books either.
Just something to watch. There will be other ripples off the big splash of a ‘Melo trade. If it happens.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23